Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anything that works realy well. i have been using otis number 2 and i am wondering if their is anything that makes it realy realy easy to take off. my whole bed is covered from our chip and seal roads deteriorating. also just an example of how bad it is it took me an hour to clean the driver door let alone the rest of the crew cab.
any suggestions?
thanks
tyler

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone heard of the buffing paste taking it off? i had to get it buffed and it took the tar off better than the otis 2

S

·
0 Posts
I had concrete on mine, the detail guy use paint thinner to get it off really easy, just make sure it's not on there long or it'll get to your clear coat.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I had concrete on mine, the detail guy use paint thinner to get it off really easy, just make sure it's not on there long or it'll get to your clear coat.

Yeah if you use paint thinner make sure you have a lot of water to take it off with. and do NOT wipe it off with out first rinising it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just use laquer thinner and it will take it right off,wash it with soap and water, and then wax or polish it and your done. That how a body shop would do it.

S

·
0 Posts
Just use laquer thinner and it will take it right off,wash it with soap and water, and then wax or polish it and your done. That how a body shop would do it.
yep, that's what he used NOT PAINT THINNER, Thanks Ben

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I Used To Be A Detailer At A Dealership Use Kerosene In A Spray Bottle Let It Soak Like 10 Seconds Youll See It Start Running Off Then Wipe It Off With A Soft Towl Repeat Till The Area Is Clean Then Continue With Sealing With Your Choice Wax. It Wont Destroy Your Paint So Dont Be Scurred

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I Used To Be A Detailer At A Dealership Use Kerosene In A Spray Bottle Let It Soak Like 10 Seconds Youll See It Start Running Off Then Wipe It Off With A Soft Towl Repeat Till The Area Is Clean Then Continue With Sealing With Your Choice Wax. It Wont Destroy Your Paint So Dont Be Scurred

Actually now that you mention it,any petrolium based liquid should do the job.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts