Zone 2" level w/ 31" Hankook Dynapro ATM
Behind-the-grill Slimlites
Tinted Depo Taillights, LED interior
Color match headlights, turn signals
Frame horn shackles, Toolbox
Hi lift mount, Uniden Cb
OTRATTW Switches, Ultra-gauge
Canyon grill with custom insert​

My Colorado isn't nearly as useful or helpful in bad situations as my Jeep, and it doesn't have a V8, solid axles, leather seats, and tons of other goodies. Slowly but surely, I will make this Colorado into something more useful.

First time wheeling it, first time in Silverton Colorado, first time seeing snow before November. I was just waiting to bash on the four wheel drive setup, but it really impressed me. I only needed 4-Lo whenever I was descending over a rocky road and didn't want to fry my brakes.

Corkscrew Gulch:

Sound Democrat Mill:

Ophir Pass:

There she is, currently nameless. Let the add-ons commence! Caution, progress will be slow.

More recent, from White Sands, NM:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Making a Useful Coly - mOWWck

The first thing I did when I got the truck was put on the KC Slimlites from my Jeep and convert them to HID. I have no welder or heavy duty tools, so I used what I could work with.

Better pics of the install are up top

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts

good luck with the project.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

MOD on!!!

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts

Let the modding begin...

·
Registered
673 Posts

If you ever need any help just let me know. I have some tools that may be of use and I have access to all the stuff we use to build the baja car. Just tell me what you need and ill see what I can do. 505-205-6853

-Jaymes

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Thanks y'all, I've already got something else in the works. Hopefully I can finish it this weekend after the Balloon Fiesta wraps up, getting up at 0300 sucks!! Jaymes and Riley, hopefully I can take you up on your offers, I have very few tools to work with! I'll return the favor if you guys need anything too.

Btw I saw your truck Riley the other day heading up Montgomery, I noticed the rims right away

·
Registered
673 Posts

We should all meet sometime

·
Registered
182 Posts

Thanks y'all, I've already got something else in the works. Hopefully I can finish it this weekend after the Balloon Fiesta wraps up, getting up at 0300 sucks!! Jaymes and Riley, hopefully I can take you up on your offers, I have very few tools to work with! I'll return the favor if you guys need anything too.

Btw I saw your truck Riley the other day heading up Montgomery, I noticed the rims right away
That is awesome haha. I have been thinking on revamping the look, doing an olive drab green body on white wheels, along with a few more performance upgrades too! Once (if I do) start the project, I'll make a build thread. :D

·
Registered
2,307 Posts

Welcome to the nation Bro, and about your 4WD impressions on this lil´trucks I´m on the same boat, first time I used my Z71 off road I got really impressed. I think there is no coincidence why GM built the Hummer H3 based on this colorados platform.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

That is awesome haha. I have been thinking on revamping the look, doing an olive drab green body on white wheels, along with a few more performance upgrades too! Once (if I do) start the project, I'll make a build thread. :D
Olive drab would look sick! Hit me up when you start that.

Welcome to the nation Bro, and about your 4WD impressions on this lil´trucks I´m on the same boat, first time I used my Z71 off road I got really impressed. I think there is no coincidence why GM built the Hummer H3 based on this colorados platform.
Even with the garbage off-brand tires it did alright. I can't wait until I get something nicer looking going.

Clean looking truck!
Thanks, I hope she stays that way

She's a looking so nice! I spent the last two days color matching the headlights and drills. I wanted to throw these drls at the wall a couple times but I made it work, I'm really proud of the headlights though.
And I added some HMMWV shackles to the frame horns should I ever get stuck.

·
Registered
366 Posts

Looks good makes me wanna paint my light. Good work :cheers:

·
Registered
673 Posts

Looking good! I've been wanting to do the headlights but I don't have enough time!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

Decided on washing the truck today. And I took off the drop-in liner and HOLY BARE METAL. I knew the rails were getting rubbed wrong, but my bed needs some serious paint or bedliner now.

I never liked drop-in bed liners, and now I really don't.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts

If you're going to do a bedliner I'd recommend that you pony up & pay to get the better job done or if you do it on your own, pay for the better product and make sure you put in the sweat equity to get the bed prepped properly! But coming from the Jeep world, you probably have a head's up on this already.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts