Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a search and I found a lot of cool stuff I want to do with my intake instead of wasting money on an aftermarket one. The couple questions I had that I was uncertain on were some of the parts needed.

I did see some part numbers and such...I want to do the 3" PVC conduit that I saw, with a velocity stack and kn filter. Is that all I will need? And a couple misc hose clamps and such? Thanks -Eric

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Filter, v-stack, 3" pvc pipe, three- 3.5 to 3" connectors and clamps. Now you have two choices for the rubber hose off the valve cover. One is to use a valve cover filter directley on the valve cover or insert a barb into the tube and run a piece of rubber hose to it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty much it. You'll need a fitting to connect the breather hose to as well, but those are cheap and easy to find.

I went with a Blox Velocity Stack, it's a little cheaper than the BPi and it pretty much the same. I already made mine but I need to paint it still, so I haven't put it on yet.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
well if you want to pm me an ill tell ya how i did my pvc intake!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I assume you are going to do something like mine? I had some 3.5in to 3in silicon couplers, but I had a terrible time getting them to fit over the PVC conduit I used. Instead I used a much cheaper 3in rubber plumbing coupler from the hardware store. They had some with just clamps or the ones I used with the metal collar. I think the collar looked better and would add some support to the couplers. The rubber coupler was able to stretch more and made for a very solid fit. The outside diameter of the PVC I used was right at 3.5".

P

·
0 Posts
I assume you are going to do something like mine? I had some 3.5in to 3in silicon couplers, but I had a terrible time getting them to fit over the PVC conduit I used. Instead I used a much cheaper 3in rubber plumbing coupler from the hardware store. They had some with just clamps or the ones I used with the metal collar. I think the collar looked better and would add some support to the couplers. The rubber coupler was able to stretch more and made for a very solid fit. The outside diameter of the PVC I used was right at 3.5".
Dude, if i were to pay you, would you please, get me a duplicate of the pipe you used? I cant find that shit anywhere in town. :dawg: :dawg: :dawg: :dawg: :dawg: :dawg:

P

·
0 Posts
well what angles are people using, im about to go pick up the 90 degree if that is what justin used. what did you use brewer?

·
Registered
283 Posts
The 45 degree may work better if it's long enough. I only used about 1/2 of the 90 degree. When I got mine they didn't have any 45's in stock.

P

·
0 Posts
yep.

This is almost the same coupler I used. You're best bet would be to take it up to the hardware store and test fit it.

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u341917
funny thing is, my home depot has both parts, i will pick em up tonight, i i had both of these parts in my hand a month ago in the store, i looked at em and was not sure if they would work. :shrug: now i know they will.

Thanks so much guys. Will post latta with my findings. :wavey:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts