Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busted up armrest lids have been talked about a lot. Read in some thread that someone used super glue to reassemble it but wasn't sure how long it will last.
I took it just a step farther:
Got myself some fresh Gorilla Super Glue and some heated glue gun sticks.
The inside of my lid has been cracked for a while but a couple of weeks ago, it went through a violent disassembly and there were a lot of little pieces.
I put them all back together with the Gorilla Super Glue. Only thing I was very careful about was making sure the screw holes all lined up.
It looked like a jig saw puzzle but it was together.
Between lid bottom and the top, I put a whole bunch of the hot glue back and forth on the ribbing in there and pressed it all together and put the screws back in.
I had some leftover black felt from a display case I made a while back and cut to fit and glued it in the lid to hide the mosaic look of the inside lid.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have buckets. If you can get the lid off the arm rest, gorilla glue and the hot glue I used would probably work. Way I looked at it, it was broke and the option was try to fix it or buy a new one. Since it is a part way over priced I tried the fix first. Been 2 days now and it's still holding together.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe now it won't "creak" so much when you rest your arm on it. Took a lot of work to quiet mine down.
Squeaks are pretty much gone now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts