Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after going through a deep water crossing the other day my TCCM got wet and is no longer working. I've had this problem in the past but was able to take it out, dry it with a heat gun and reinstall it and it worked fine. Has anyone ever had the idea to delete the encoder motor off the back of the factory transfer case and build a manual "arm" that will bolt in tis place and engage/disengage the transfer case manually. I will be building this and a manual shifter to mount on the driver side of the tranny tunnel to operate it from in the cab and linking the two together with some kind of push/ pull cable similar to a boats shifter cable... has anyone ever done this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is a pattern i made of the mounting bolts for the motor that I will be bolting my new plate too and a the shaft I took out of the motor that I will reuse the splined section and weld it to a lever to hook my cable to

Attachments

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
Well this should be interesting

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got the TC plate and shaft made today. machined the shaft so it fits the factory o ring that's in the transfer case housing. I will adjust the length of the lever once I get it all hooked up and see how much travel and leverage is required to shift it in gear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Looking good. These trucks need a manual shift transfer case. Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts