Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up an 08 CC 1LT colorado at the local city auction. 21k miles, paid way too little for what it is.
auction picture

going up the rollback. The bumper was on the tire, so I had the rollback guy yank that off first

got it home and noticed something important was missing

there was all kinds of stuff missing, like the fog lights and brackets, the good taillight, and the pcm connector levers were all broken up so I guess they never thought it would run again.

ordered new pcm with a tune and a tcm with improved shifts from pcm of nc.
after some fiddling around getting the connectors seated right, it started right up.

the temp gauge didnt work (got the fabled AC OFF warning) and neither did the dashawk for the CASE relearn, so I went poking around. The fusebox was missing a fuse for the obd port power, and the temp gauge connector was unplugged. I think I outbid the guys at the lot. At least the undamaged grille was under the bed cover!

I checked the frame and its not bent at all, the drivers upper control arm looks like a pretzel, so I ordered a new one and a headlight.

It needs a bumper, I found one local, when I asked if they had a fender and/or hood from the same truck they said.... long pause..... no. and sent this picture.

ok, I'll keep looking. trying to find white parts so I dont have to paint. got a body shop lined up to straighten the fender liner. Needs tires but I have some ideas for that. Needs some low too, I have a nosebleed just looking at it.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I like this build already

·
Registered
150 Posts
My question is how is that front bumper in that good of a condition if the rest of the truck looks like that lol but hey this build looks like it is going to go well good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks,

I found a white fender in topeka and a white hood in st marys, but they are both 2 hrs from me and 1 1/2 hrs from each other. I will probably go get them but after I tag the truck so I can use the covered bed. I have a 99 s10 longbed but it doesnt have ac, would be miserable this time of year. The baby is due in a week, scheduled, so I will have some time to fart around with suspension and body work during the time I am home.

·
Internet Troll
1,253 Posts
Nice so far. What yard was the 4X4 at? I'd like something other than the stock work truck wheels.

Yes, I'm in Doodah as well...now....

·
Texas Yoda!!!!
36,262 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yeah thats a complete bumper, plastics, fogs and all.....SCORE

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
truck looks to be moving along nicely, since I am only a ways from you in manhattan, are there any decent junk yards down there? Been looking up here and not finding a lot. in Afghanistan right now but looking for junk yards with late models so I can go looking for things when I get home

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
truck looks to be moving along nicely, since I am only a ways from you in manhattan, are there any decent junk yards down there? Been looking up here and not finding a lot. in Afghanistan right now but looking for junk yards with late models so I can go looking for things when I get home
Only junk yard I know of near manhattan is in wamego, it's where I got my overhead console from a blazer, real good prices, but I didn't see any rados or canyons there when I went, it's not a big one.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
lol not looking for rado or canyon parts, lol I got what I need and usually find the rest on here. needing other vehicles

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah thats a complete bumper, plastics, fogs and all.....SCORE

well, it wasnt meant to be.

I went and looked at the bumper in person today, had a big dent/scrape on the passenger side conveniently out of view, and had a bend at the passenger side frame mount. asking 200, I offered 125, he countered at 160. I said I dunno, at that price I can buy a new bumper and some fogs and have them shipped for that, my valance is cracked but not terminal, he said the fogs and valance arent included at that price!!

thats right, he wants 40 dollars more than the dealer for a bent bumper that needs paint.he wanted 45 ea for the fogs, I found them for 40 bucks a pair online. I told him he could keep it and eventually get 23 cents for it in steel when he scrapped it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah I paid $250 I got white painted bumpers with valence and fogs, white mirrors, white rear bumper, trailer hitch, and his like new headlights and turns. Gave him my old chrome bumpers, black mirrors, and my oxidized headlights. He had no title for the truck was just trying to part it out while still driving it but I didn't ask too many questions after he told me he had no title :ugh:

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts