Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just received my correct length mcneil bedsides (sent me the wrong ones for crew cab, then sent me the second set for free, still have the crew cab ones in the garage). Before doing any cut, anyone has some pics to see exactly which parts to remove, measure twice, cut once. Thanks a lot

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Onelow1tons build is about the best I have seen for coverage. I think around page 20 gets into putting on the fenders and bedsides

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Here you go. :thumbup: Undead was spot on.

OK here are some pix from today the fenders went on great almost no modding to get them on and will only need minor tweaking and finish work but the bedsides well i only got one almost completely fitted woo that thing was a bitch i only got the passenger one close to being fitted and it will need a lot more work i took pix of what i cut at the beginning and tomorrow when i go back out to work on it Ill get more because i had to cut a ton more but here are some pix they are not in perfect order because my phone was being a pos but i tried to reorder them some when i was grabbing them off of photobucket to put here

OK here are the pix of everything that had to be cut and beat up to make the bedsides fit . i had to cut the tailgate hinges to make it fit and the gas door will not work in the stock position so if it becomes a problem with it mounted backwards ill have to flip it down like the pic below or i might shave it and do a boat cap on top but would rather not

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Wow, what a difference they make, nice.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Good info in that post !!! Thanx!!!

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Cut off everything except the front edge and top rail. Inside the fenderwell there is a brace you will need to drill the spotwelds off of. Next put up the bedsides and check fitment, then you can glue or screw them on.

I drilled four holes through the bedside and top rail and used these to bolt them on. Speedway Aluminum Body Washer Kit - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop
And for the bottom braces you can reuse the stock brace arms you just have to bend them a little. You will also need to extend the Fuel filler neck with a small piece of 1" fuel line so it can reach the new mounting point.

photos are on page 2 and 3 of my build thread located here

http://www.355nation.net/forum/projects-build/41872-fixxxerkh202s-build-thread-3.html

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thks FIXXER. Hope my PA body lift fuel system will accommodate the new mounting point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts