Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Memphis Street Racing 3-1-08 Mellon Tuning EVO, RIP Vette, UL Lose T/A, Slowmo TBSS.. - Race Video Forums

Was a fun day, this was back on 3-1-08

from about 3:20 to around 6:30 on the vid I was the one flagging and you can see my truck parked in a few of the shots, no runs for me tranny had JUST been rebuilt and didn't have the break-in miles on it yet and there wasn't anything out that wouldn't have WHOPPED MY ASS, I would have ran the Solstice tho :lol:

Enjoy..

and..

(and if you have something against street racing just don't post and turn my thread into a drama fest, we are safe (as you can be) about it) :salute:

·
16,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bud, the guy with the Silver evo (with the black wheels) is the one that does the videos, he has gotten into tunning EVO's and his is pretty impressive I must say, thing lauches crazy hard

Z

·
0 Posts
not to sound like the typical whinny anti-racing bitch, but where are the cops?? Seems like you guys did quite a few races in one area.

·
16,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well, they came to one place, BUT they usually just ask everyone to leave because unlike the typical "ricer" group (and I include some domestics in that "ricer" categorie, its more of a personality then a type of vehicle in my opinon) we pick up after ourselfs, we aren't destructive, we are curteous when there are other people driving by (tho we try to stick to desolite places) we aren't out on a fri/sat night with 9 million slow cars, the area we go are way out and away from most also we aren't out at the time you would expect..

Alsomostly everything is pre set up ahead of time, who is going to race who yadda yadda yadda, and its never a BIIIIG group, only a handle full of cars.. I say we, I only go out sometimes, also the places are either open instudrial areas where NO ONE is around, or another place we go that the street is pretty much closed on the weekends (none of the buisness are open) and we have gotten permission from some of the owners to park in their lots..

But even some of the spots in this video, get busted EVERY saturday night and EVERY saturday night 100's of cars come back.. I don't blame them tho, because unlike Fast and Furious on a saturday night it is a BUNCH of dumb mother fuckers out there doing donuts NEAR people, in the fields, drinking, litering, racing TOWARDS people, or just a ton of shitty worthless stock cavaliers and neons with fart cans acting like a bunch of retards and giving the people who are SAFE (as you can be) about it a bad name..

Z

·
0 Posts
damn, In Ca you'd get your shit towed and impounded for just parking and watching.

·
16,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah that movie did NOTHING good for the "scene" some of the places we go now, my dad said he remembers people going in the 70's and even in the mid 90's my brother talked about it, after that movie it went to shit people started getting hurt, more and more stupid fucking people and SLOWER cars keept going out.. its retarded..

But SOMETIMES, they WILL close the street down and block everyone in with firetrucks and wreckers (happened once and I never go back on the weekends now (at night)) and pretty much take everyones license, give everyone tickets for some random thing (like a 30 dollar charge, but just enough to annoy you) and they will impound vehicles of people who have been drinking or if your caught in the act of racing, and a lot of kids got busted for curfew violations and their parents would have to drive down and pick them up (and it was a DRIVE)..

Like I said, that happend ONCE, I went down there in a rental (06 Crew cab Silverado) just to watch cause we were bored, I haven't been back on a Saturday night since that

EDIT: oh, that night I talked about when I was in the rental, we were sitting in line and I was chit chatting with one of the local pigs and I hear this creaking/crunching in the field, I look over (he doesn't notice) and this kid in a late model (mid 90's) Maxima is driving through this field on the side of the road with his lights off hoping to get passed the road block and get back on the road and take off.. well they spot him just as he is about to get passed them, he takes off, jumps onto the road and like 5 patrol cars take off after him, well we are at the back of a 4 lane winding road that is about 5 miles to the main road.. well on the LAST curve this douchebag is hauling ass (with his girl in the car) running from the cops :disgust: and I guess car understeered thru the turn, hit a curb and was sliding against the curb and WHAM, slammed into a parked car (that the cops were ALREADY talking to) no one got hurt, just f'd up the two cars.. but after seeing that stupid shit, and knowing of what else the re re's do down there, I vowed to never go back during "peak" hours, and haven't.

·
Registered
964 Posts
We used to have several places like that around here, but things started getting out of hand. Some people would bring out full-on drag cars, and it just got ridicolous. The cops stated harrassing any one who had a fast car or anything even resembling a fast car. I haven't done any street racing in long while, but I still love to see a good one now and again.

Z

·
0 Posts
I hate how its a freakin crime to hang out and watch people race. If it wasnt i know thats what i'd be doing.

·
16,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate how its a freakin crime to hang out and watch people race. If it wasnt i know thats what i'd be doing.
I TOTALLY agree..

that vette is either spraying way too much or has some leaky seals. Cool vid though man i remember the days.
Well, he IS spraying the house down in that thing, but the smoke I thing was just something amiss in the motor :shrugs:
I think that car has been having a pretty good beating put on it for sometimes now :ugh:

·
16,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts