Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, names Dennis.
Recently picked up a 04 ext cab colorado from a friend of mine who has owned it since new.
Try to keep it to the point, It sat for about a year because it would randomly shut off and not start. I figured it was the passlock and picked it up cheap.... as in 1k cheap :)
Well after messing with for about a month here and there i gave up and took it into the Dealer i work at "killed me". It ended up being the power wire out of the fuse box for the injectors was corroded about 1ft into the loom and broke... crazy.
Ran pretty good but a couple days of driving it i kept getting a engine light for cam being advanced and thats what brought me here :) Replaced the cam phaser and it did the trick as it was all gummed up.
Then.... it started having a nice leak from the manifold, i hate exhaust leaks so i bought a new one.... good thing i did when i took it off it came off in 3 pieces lol. Also gutted the cat out of the new one.
The day i got the exhaust on and was nice and quiet i came out of the store to a nice puddle of oil..... didnt make me happy. Was the crank seal.
Well after a few hours today thats fixed :)

All in all i really like the truck its a good upgrade from the 97 s-10 i had. This is the first I-5 ive ever had or drove, very surprised in the get up it has. This forum has been very helpfull and i appreciate all the info here.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Welcome to the nation

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome.
Nice deal on the truck

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
welcome

G

·
0 Posts
Dennis,

Hello fellow Michigander and welcome to the forum from GM Customer Care!

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 15 of 15 Posts