Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for me to order some new tires for the Colorado and I have narrowed it down between these two the Mickey Thompson MTZ or the Dick Cepek Mud Country. I would like to know your opinion from any of you all that had any experience with these two tires and how many miles you cant get out of them. Thank you for the feedback:salute:

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
I ran the DC mud countrys. I got about 20,000 miles and sold them to Sfa colorado. They had more then 1/2 tread left. I have heard great things about the MTZ's. I think your a winner with either tire! :thumbup:

·
Registered
520 Posts
My buddy has/had the mtz on his lifted f150 and has a lawn business in the summer and tows a 14' trailer w his equipment in them and he got round 30-35k on the tires. Mind you he only ran the tires from April to November due to the salty winters we have up in NY. He loved those tires. I'd agree w fade, either one is a great choice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,917 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
I thought about the MTZ when I needed tires. Google reviews and they will tell u that they tend to chunk bits of rubber off the lugs. I read this in a few forums. That was a no go for me

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran the MTZ's on a 1/2 ton Dodge Ram and liked the performance, wear seemed good as well. I think I has around 20k on the tires when I got rid of the truck, still had well over 1/2 the tread left on them. I ran the DC Fun Country II's on a 3/4 ton Duramax, and they wear like iron....little noisy on the road......Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts