Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, now that we've got our plans ironed out, here's the OFFICIAL '09 NESM caravan thread! :lol:

As of now, here are the members that will be in the caravan.

INDIANA:

Mxman38 (IN) Friday-Sunday (2 Doubles / Non Smoking)
Hashbrown1087 (IN) Friday-Sunday (Rooming with Mxman38)
Rkramer19 (IN) Friday-Sunday
Sicklarado22 (IN) Friday-Sunday (Rooming with Mxman38)

MICHIGAN:

Scottshavey (MI) Friday-Sunday (King / non smoking)

OHIO:

J -val (OH) Friday-Sunday (King / Non Smoking) (possibly meeting up with us)
CodeRed (OH) * Friday-Sunday
Stylin Bluz (OH) Friday-Sunday (Kraco's wife)
Kraco5 (OH) Friday-Sunday (King / Smoking)

And here are the plans.....

The MAIN meeting location is a truck stop off the PA Turnpike/I-76 in Somerset, PA between 3 and 4pm EST.

Mxman, Hash, and Sicklarado will be coming from NW Indiana. Kraco5 and Stylin Bluz will be coming from NE Ohio. All 5 of them will be meeting at my place here in PA since it's literally along the way, then we'll all roll to Somerset. They're meeting at my place around noon, and we'll be leaving for Somerset around 1-1:30pm.

Rkramer19 will be coming from central Indiana, and Codered will be coming from central Ohio. They'll meet up in Dayton, OH, and meet the rest of us in Somerset at the alloted time.

You can use this google map of everyone's routes to decide if you want to try and join our caravan, or if it's just better for you to make your own plans. Nobody's gonna fault you for not wanting to go out of your way just to roll into Hershey together!

(thanks to Codered for creating this map!)

NESM 2009 CARAVAN - Google Maps

And lastly, not to get on a serious note, these times are FIRM! NO SLACKING!!! We will not wait for anyone. Come 4pm, we're out of there, or maybe earlier if everyone is there who's supposed to be there. Trust me, after the hours of driving, we'll ALL be anxious as all hell to get to Hershey ASAP. And being only 2-2.5 hrs away, we'll all be licking our chops! And I'm sure we'll all exchange numbers before then, so if something should go wrong, we can update everyone on eachother's whereabouts.

Can't wait to meet some new people!!! :doku2::355group:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Should be a WAY better drive into Hershey this year huh Geeds..:lmao:

I can probably have Steph drive my truck for a while, and I can drive yours while you film.
that should work

·
Registered
528 Posts
so i'm having issues. cause i'm dying to come to this meet and my girl was getting this weekend off to go with me and al the sudden she's like o by the way my dad is taking me camping for fathers day and i want you to come. so i'm in between that right now. but hopefully by this weekend i will have a definite answer on what i'm doing

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's some pics of me and Geeds meeting up at the Somerset truck stop at last year's NESM. We found out that he wasn't too far behind me and my girlfriend, so we pulled over and waited for him so we could roll together. :bang:

With 8 trucks in the line, we're gonna have a SHITLOAD of FUN in the 4 tunnels we drive through to get to Hershey!!!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
With 8 trucks in the line, we're gonna have a SHITLOAD of FUN in the 4 tunnels we drive through to get to Hershey!!!!!

i think i'm gonna cry cause that would just make my day.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i'm having issues. cause i'm dying to come to this meet and my girl was getting this weekend off to go with me and al the sudden she's like o by the way my dad is taking me camping for fathers day and i want you to come. so i'm in between that right now. but hopefully by this weekend i will have a definite answer on what i'm doing

No comparison really, tell her/him you already have plans.

If my dad or my girlfriend's dad was like...."Hey, can you help me do.............this weekend", I'd be like..."Nope, got plans!"

Family emergencies or health issues are the ONLY acceptable excuse to not come. Anything else, and you'll take a good amount of abuse from all those who attended!

·
Registered
528 Posts
No comparison really, tell her/him you already have plans.

If my dad or my girlfriend's dad was like...."Hey, can you help me do.............this weekend", I'd be like..."Nope, got plans!"

Family emergencies or health issues are the ONLY acceptable excuse to not come. Anything else, and you'll take a good amount of abuse from all those who attended!
good point! hmmmm how to break it to her........... and honestly it's the tunnels that made up my mind lol how bad is that?

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
should be interesting seeing me hanging out different truck windows to get video maybe a few from beds

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
man don't even tease me like that lol. tunnels are a huge turn on to me! lol
Well, you see the proof right there! We trust you'll make the right decision...:high5:

should be interesting seeing me hanging out different truck windows to get video maybe a few from beds
If you're alright with Steph driving your truck, since you have the hard cover, we can roll my cover up and you can hang out my bed if that would make for better angles.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Well, you see the proof right there! We trust you'll make the right decision...:high5:

If you're alright with Steph driving your truck, since you have the hard cover, we can roll my cover up and you can hang out my bed if that would make for better angles.
as long as she doesnt crash it lol

wonder if I should get some type of harness lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
as long as she doesnt crash it lol

wonder if I should get some type of harness lol
you could probably pick up a harness at lowes with a lanyard which would give you the movement you would want and you could anchor to the truck bed at one of the tie down points. haven't bought a harness before but i don't think it would be too bad

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
though I doubt I can get bed video while in the tunnel somehow I dont think they would take too kindly to that

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Who's "they"?

I don't think "they'd" take to kindly to us doing 100mph runs through there either, but that's probably not gonna stop us! haha
the "establishment" lol

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.