Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As mentioned!!!!

Let's spitball some ideas here and see what we can come up with.....

As of now, I'm really liking the MESM idea. Usually by this time in October, we'd have the next year's NESM planned out and all the info just about posted, but honestly, I haven't really been in the mood for some reason? And as far as I know, NO meet planning has taken place for next year's NESM.

So, I may end up passing the torch to the other NESM team members, and focusing on this meet...

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Josh passing the torch and starting another legacy FTW!!!!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
so shoot me some ideas

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
i think indy would be a very good central location for this more for the MIDEAST rather than mideast and midwest im just trying to accomodate as many as possible

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha. :high5:

And guys, if you noticed how I did the NESM's, I can come down kind of hard with my opinions about the planning and whatnot, but it's nothing pesonal if I do it. I've done 2 of these now, and I know what it takes to get something like this together. It's great to have the members' input, but it can also slow up the process ALOT. My favorite saying is "too many chefs in the kitchen" lol

What I say, I say out of personal experience...:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
So far I have read Cincy... Indy... more importantly on the track at the speedway... and dates such as Spring. Nice and general :lol:

All sound good. Just need some definates and discussion before things get too out in the open.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
out Indy meet back in July i think it was had over 20 trucks just from Illinois, Indiana and 1 from wisconsin. If we can get all the people from Ohio and the guys from Kentucky, Michigan, Ten, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana we got a solid amount of people already

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Josh, i agree 100% if you dont mind i would like to be a co-pilot of this Meet if thats cool?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Dayton had what, 17-18 trucks and about a 2 hour difference in time... So, I don't see why Indy isn't a good location for a larger meet. Little farther west than Cincy and I guarantee there is a little more going on than in the Queen City.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm thinking Indy looks like the best choice too. Since we're talking Mideast, on a map, it's right in the middle of all the Mideast states.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
They dont call us the Crossroads of america for nothing

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Just one key thing is if we have it at the speedway in may it'll be hard since they indy cars are there most of the month.Just a key thing.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Well if its in may then the Track is out of the question

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Josh, i agree 100% if you dont mind i would like to be a co-pilot of this Meet if thats cool?
No problem! It deffinatly takes more than 1 person to do these! I just don't like it when people throw up polls for EVERY decision that needs to be made! A poll for a location, a poll for dates, a poll for the hotel, a poll for activities, a poll for the beer of choice, etc...lol

That's why it's good to have these PRIVATE sections. We can have a small number of us tackle the details, then post it out in general population. (like a jail...lol)

Dayton had what, 17-18 trucks and about a 2 hour difference in time... So, I don't see why Indy isn't a good location for a larger meet. Little farther west than Cincy and I guarantee there is a little more going on than in the Queen City.
Exactly. Plus, the fact that it's going to be a SUPER MEET should draw more people in than just an afternoon meet and dinner. A weekend long event is deffinatly more enticing!

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just one key thing is if we have it at the speedway in may it'll be hard since they indy cars are there most of the month.Just a key thing.
This is also something I immediatly thought of. I'm SURE that place is a fucking Circus towards the middle of the month, so we'll have to plan accordingly.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
No problem! It deffinatly takes more than 1 person to do these! I just don't like it when people throw up polls for EVERY decision that needs to be made! A poll for a location, a poll for dates, a poll for the hotel, a poll for activities, a poll for the beer of choice, etc...lol

That's why it's good to have these PRIVATE sections. We can have a small number of us tackle the details, then post it out in general population. (like a jail...lol)

Exactly. Plus, the fact that it's going to be a SUPER MEET should draw more people in than just an afternoon meet and dinner. A weekend long event is deffinatly more enticing!
Anti SESM much??? :lol:

1 - 20 of 424 Posts