Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys! Just figured I would make a build journal for my truck instead of making a different thread for every mod I done lol... I got my 2006 colorado Z71 in august of 2013 and the mods started rolling in the very next weekend... I don't have a lot of before pics but I am starting to take a lot more since it's getting closer and closer to where I want it to be... When I got it, it was completely stock... I have added a complete sound system... pioneer head unit, Alpine type-R components all the way around, and a ground shaker down firing box with 2 kicker comp rt shallow mounts with a kicker 1200 watt amp pushing it... I have a 6 piece led glow interior light kit inside it(have it powered with the radio right now gonna try to switch it to the dimmer switch this weekend weather permitting... last week I plastidipped my grille, front and back bumper face bars temporarily.... got more stuff coming in then it's going to the paint shop... and today I added a MBRP dual exit exhaust and led tails hope Yall enjoy what I've done so far and they are way more to come! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just added a 2.5 inch lift in the front inch and a half shackles in the back.. and a AEM CAI... its dirty cause the roads are salted so overlook that lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Looking pretty nice already

·
Premium Member
441 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heck, in my neck of the woods, Connecticut, April is about when I get to finally wash my truck.
Yeah it's the same down here in NC now... it was 71 yesterday and it's snowing tonight lol... its been completely pointless to wash vehicles except to get salt out from underneath since January

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cowl hood? Truck is looking sharp man. When you run out of stuff to do to your truck you can help with mine.lol
Yeah man I'm excited about it I took it and some other stuff to get painted and hopefully it'll all be put on next week!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just updating... parts are still in the shop idk whats taking so dang long... I believe my secret squirrel mod is getting close to being done and my red plastidip to do some interior trim will be here monday so I will probably spray before I go to work Monday... also gonna try to finish completely fitting it out with leds everywhere tag, cargo, and drls amd maybe bed cargo lights... also have to switch out my tailgate bar and find a way to waterproof it my last one got water in it when we had all the freaking snow and rain and shorted out and almost caused my truck to completely freak out... if anybody has any other mods for decent price ideas lemme know!

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Just updating... parts are still in the shop idk whats taking so dang long... I believe my secret squirrel mod is getting close to being done and my red plastidip to do some interior trim will be here monday so I will probably spray before I go to work Monday... also gonna try to finish completely fitting it out with leds everywhere tag, cargo, and drls amd maybe bed cargo lights... also have to switch out my tailgate bar and find a way to waterproof it my last one got water in it when we had all the freaking snow and rain and shorted out and almost caused my truck to completely freak out... if anybody has any other mods for decent price ideas lemme know!

Very interested in seeing how your interior trim comes out.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts