Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was wonderin what you guys would have for ideas.... i have this right now.... the dreaded owl... :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
I would say that is a good setup. It is hidden and looks like it can hit pretty hard. Only thing I would suggest is maybe show a bit more with a set of buckets up front. Then dress the center of the box up a bit. Simple, cheap and could create a completely different look... :shrug:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would say that is a good setup. It is hidden and looks like it can hit pretty hard. Only thing I would suggest is maybe show a bit more with a set of buckets up front. Then dress the center of the box up a bit. Simple, cheap and could create a completely different look... :shrug:
x2, That box looks like it's pretty sound and that you do clean work...so like Blurred said maybe all it needs is like a face-lift I guess lol?:eek5:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
def ill keep that in mind... my only prob is that they are plywood and bondo boxes and surprisingly they hit hard but the subs are gettin really bad i think they were made in like the 90's they have been through 5 owners and we have all beat the hell out of them..... and i cant blow them... but it might get a set of pioneers or if i save enough ill buy sum kickers... i might make the same boxes but out of MDF... does anyone know how much a sheet of that shit is runnin now a days?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not much if I remember correctly.. Maybe $20-30... I really think that is pushing it though...
alright.... dumb question were can i get it? like at lowes?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep.. They should carry it. If not, any other place that sells wood should have some...
sweet thanks dude ill check it out! oh and now that the weather is good im puttin them tips on! :naughty:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lol I went to Home Depot last night and picked up a 24x48 sheet of 3/4" MDF for $11.48! PLUS I gave the guy the specs of the pieces I need to make the box, and about twenty minutes later he had them all perfectly cut for me...couldnt've been any easier or cheaper lol. So you can try your local hardware place...they either will have 5/8 or 3/4...5/8 will do, but for a bigger box I would use 3/4 just so you know it's totally solid.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol I went to Home Depot last night and picked up a 24x48 sheet of 3/4" MDF for $11.48! PLUS I gave the guy the specs of the pieces I need to make the box, and about twenty minutes later he had them all perfectly cut for me...couldnt've been any easier or cheaper lol. So you can try your local hardware place...they either will have 5/8 or 3/4...5/8 will do, but for a bigger box I would use 3/4 just so you know it's totally solid.
thanks man ill check that shit out!

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Haha, I knew I was overshooting the price by a lot, but I just wasn't 100% sure. Hell, I might just have to have them cut the shit for me when I do my next box haha.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Haha yeah, I was totally suprised cause I didn't think they would. It's all perfectly square edges. Only thing he said he couldn't do there was do my angle cut (the 45) and cut a hole for the sub lol which I'll just use a jig saw for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts