Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, slow build here. Lot's of plans, little money.

My truck when I picked it up, originally paid $3000, but the previous owner gave back $500 for the repairs I did, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

Deep cleaning the vinyl floors.

First thing I did was lower it, 3 and rough 3. I think the leafs are a bit worn out though so maybe more than 3 inches in the rear.

I'm bad to just weld things together that I find in my shop to create exhausts. This is the factory exhaust before the muffler into an eBay fartcan that I had laying around into a 4 inch turndown which exited under the bed in front of the axle, sounded pretty good according to others.

Then this happened, 165,000 on a factory clutch and it just disappeared on my way to work one day. No leading signs to failure.

After a little while of nothing happening I decided to fix a small rust spot in the beak of the hood.

After buying the duplicolor perfect match paint for the truck and not having the paint match and not feather out nicely to blend in and hide the repair I went all out on a quart of black paint and semi-gloss clear and ended up here.

Got tired of the old ugly hubcaps and painted the factory steelies, black of course.

The parking lot 0.o.

Throwing together some audio with old parts I had around.

A plastidip visor, for shits and giggles.

Then I bought some switchback LEDs for the DRLs, add pathfinder fogs and red accent lights with relocated horn.

Then came a rollpan and plastidip'ed tailgate and rollpan, also new tag lights and fancy license plate frame.

I bought some silverado wheels shortly after buying the truck and finally sandblasted and painted them and wrapped them in some Falken Ziex ZE-912 235/60-16 tires. Because I was too lazy to solve the hub diameter issues in the silverado wheels I added 1 inch wheel spacers.

Notice aforementioned fancy license plate frame :D.

Recently took a short drive up the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway and snapped a few pictures.

Other things it has not seen above; intake resonator and flex pipe delete with factory airbox, dryflow air filter, catch can and the awesome SuperMod PTB.

The exhaust also has been changed, still in front of the axle, but uses a Dynomax SuperTurbo muffler piped between the frame and bed on the passenger side and pointed out in front of the right rear tire between the tire and fender.

Much more to come, needs to be lowered more, seriously notched, lots of body work from the rusting quarters and rockers (Why does my 9 year old Colorado have more rust than my 31 year old S10 and 28 year old Corolla combined?) and paint. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Keep up the good work

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I use to live in Asheville and loved to take that drive too. Truck is coming along nicely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, one day I'd like to just keep going on the parkway instead of turning around, although I've found that Town Mountain Rd to the Parkway and back is a very entertaining drive if you don't get stuck behind bicyclists.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With a little odd motivation I've found myself planning to bag it sooner than I thought. Which means I'll also be doing my body work sooner, too. I've been playing with Inventor building parts for what was going to be some sort of odd offset three link with a watts link, and ended up with a full rear section and forward triangulated four link. Here's a few renderings of what I've come up with, if there are any suggestions you'd like to make please feel free.

At ~rough~ ride height

Will carry on and see what we come up with.

Cheers,
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts