Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
@rshadd, you wouldn't happen to know where I could buy JUST the mirror for the driver side would you? I bought my truck used and it looks like someone took sandpaper to the glass. I don't want to replace the whole mirror, but I've been unable find just the mirror. I checked the scrap yards too, no 355's around here...

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had them off the truck and was peeking along every side trying to find the tab. I found something along the lines... It was a white post and around the base of it was two what looked like silver clips. Tried to pry under them both with seperate flat screwdrivers and still couldnt get the mirror off.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Rich's method is probably safer, but I'll post what the Service Manual says.

1. Place your fingers as far as possible behind the mirror glass towards the center of the back.
2. Remove the mirror glass from the mirror motor with sufficient force to disengage the snap-locks on the mirror motor.
3. Remove the mirror glass from the mirror.

To install:
1. Position the mirror glass to the mirror motor.
2. Install the mirror glass to the mirror motor with the palm of the hand on the center of the glass, pressing in until fully seated.
3. Inspect the mirror for proper operation.

Might be a good idea to wear gloves, if doing it that way.

·
DK Moulds
2,012 Posts
typically what color is the tab that I'm looking for?

I had them off the truck and was peeking along every side trying to find the tab. I found something along the lines... It was a white post and around the base of it was two what looked like silver clips. Tried to pry under them both with seperate flat screwdrivers and still couldnt get the mirror off.
I'll get a quick video tomorrow morning in the light.. Its very simple.. Just a matter of pushing the mirror to the one corner IIRC..a small slot.. Insert flat head and pop up

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
@rshadd, you wouldn't happen to know where I could buy JUST the mirror for the driver side would you? I bought my truck used and it looks like someone took sandpaper to the glass. I don't want to replace the whole mirror, but I've been unable find just the mirror. I checked the scrap yards too, no 355's around here...
Rockauto has just the mirror glass or with the backing plate attached much cheaper than OEM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
push in on the outer top corner and lift with 2 fingers on the inside bottom corner. pops off nice and smooth everytime.

painting a set of the mirrors myself this week. I don't like getting paint all over the internal mechanisms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts