Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had 2 misfires one fixed with new coil. Other #4 replaced plug and coil pack but new code of bad coil so removed and plug was surrounded by 1.25 long rubber bushing. I can’t find in any parts break down. it isn’t part of valve cover gasket assembly. It’s the black one

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Had 2 misfires one fixed with new coil. Other #4 replaced plug and coil pack but new code of bad coil so removed and plug was surrounded by 1.25 long rubber bushing. I can’t find in any parts break down. it isn’t part of valve cover gasket assembly. It’s the black one
Could it be the rubber insert from a spark plug socket? Mine is always sticking on the plugs during installation. Yes, it's cheap socket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your a genius/ I am a jeep. I wondered how this thing got in cylinder popped up to cover nut. I was a pessimist. Then it is a seal leak and with the seals gone on coil packs that is the answer. Thank you, boy was I freaked and ready to sell for parts. Valve cover gasket here I come, ugh(temp fix?). Sat for three years #2 coil inop, changed #4 misfire cleaned oil up, especially on spring(removed new coil pack read bad found rubber) freaked out again but old coil pack in read fine for awhile then misfire possible oil issue then hit number four. It is a craftsman I think !)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone tell me what the compression readings for stock 3.5l 2005 Chevy colorado? That would be the answer of the year? 😂

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Can anyone tell me what the compression readings for stock 3.5l 2005 Chevy colorado? That would be the answer of the year? 😂
This is from the manual for 06 2.8. I4. Have an assistant crank the engine through at least four compression strokes in the testing cylinder.
Record the compression readings from all of the cylinders. A normal reading should be approximately 1482 kPa (215 psi).
The lowest reading should not be less than 70 percent of the highest reading. The rest seems to be try this that and that’s all folks? Thanks. Can’t change my name to jeep

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
This is from the manual for 06 2.8. I4. Have an assistant crank the engine through at least four compression strokes in the testing cylinder.
Record the compression readings from all of the cylinders. A normal reading should be approximately 1482 kPa (215 psi).
The lowest reading should not be less than 70 percent of the highest reading. The rest seems to be try this that and that’s all folks? Thanks. Can’t change my name to jeep
Just to confirm, that is the same information provided in the 2005 Service manual for a 3.5 engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nope, 2.8 I4, all I could find. Just FYI I found info that some of these models engines are a block shortened process whereas the 3.5 was the addition of 5th cylinder in A longer block Giving a nice power ratio to better the 6cyl versions and keep the s10 feeling of a more powerful truck.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Nope, 2.8 I4, all I could find. Just FYI I found info that some of these models engines are a block shortened process whereas the 3.5 was the addition of 5th cylinder in A longer block Giving a nice power ratio to better the 6cyl versions and keep the s10 feeling of a more powerful truck.
I think the Atlas engines started out with the 4.2 inline six cylinder, found in the Trailblazers, etc. Then they began chopping off cylinders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts