Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Odd things been happening lately... a couple months back i started developing a misfire issue which i remedied by running all kinds of cleaning processes (fuel system cleaning, throttlebody/intake manifold cleaning, and MAF sensor cleaning) and the symptoms disappeared. Now about every other day or so (sometimes 2-3 days between the warning being displayed sometimes i get it twice a day). Like the thread title says there are no symptoms, the truck idles perfectly, it runs smoothly through the entire RPM range, and still pulls just like it did that day I bought it. When the warning appears I check it with my scangauge and it shows P0300 (random misfires), I clear it and just goon about my business as normal, and like I said NOTHING wierd is happening in the engine to my knowledge.

I'm outta ideas guys... throw me a fricken bone here...:dawg:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm...

Seafoam followed by a Master reset?

Honestly, that is a weird one...I know that Biskit's cat was completely clogged and it didn't throw any codes for a few weeks. :shrug:

I'm not saying yours is the cat, of course...when the code appears, you're saying that theirs nothing wrong with the truck at all? The only thing I can think of is a bad ground...that's somehow throwing the code...

On my TransAm, I kept getting a misfire and it ended up being that the aftermarket chip I had was loose.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be the cat... the trucks exhaust has been popping a lot more then usual lately. I enjoy the sound but maybe it's a sign I need my emissions systems checked..

I'm coming up on 80,000 miles, what the typical life of a catalytic converter?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dunno guy...I would have thought > 42,000...but that's how many miles Biskit has on his truck, I'd say 75K?

Yours is probably pretty damn close. :lol:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Doesn't the crank angle sensor determine if there's a misfire? Maybe it's not reading properly? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dunno guy...I would have thought > 42,000...but that's how many miles Biskit has on his truck, I'd say 75K?

Yours is probably pretty damn close. :lol:
Straight pipe time? ;)

Is there a certain time the CEL comes on? (EX: at idle)

Is it solid or flashing?
Nope, i'll be just driving along and it'll come on with no adverse effects thats why im puzzled.

Doesn't the crank angle sensor determine if there's a misfire? Maybe it's not reading properly? :shrug:
Anyway to test or check this? I've got hptuners...

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
My cousin had the same exact thing. Started off to throw the CEL once every couple days, but it eventually developed to where it'll fire the code two to three times a day. He didn't feel anything weird either. It would do it under idle, while down shifting, coasting in neutral, etc. Again, he never felt it misfire or anything abnormal for that matter.

G'luck.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My cousin had the same exact thing. Started off to throw the CEL once every couple days, but it eventually developed to where it'll fire the code two to three times a day. He didn't feel anything weird either. It would do it under idle, while down shifting, coasting in neutral, etc. Again, he never felt it misfire or anything abnormal for that matter.

G'luck.
Sounds like me... it did come up yesterday during a quick downshift so I could slow down enough in the rain and keep control. So maybe its just randomness like his...:mc:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts