Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that some of my header bolts were absent when I did the cat mod. So I had a buddy who works parts order me up some new ones and went to put them in only to find out that the head is MISSING the holes for the bolts.

Called GM today and they said take it to the stealership and then have the stealership call GM since it is "most likely" a manufacturing defect. No shit sherlock.

So I'm going to make an appointment and let y'all know what they say.
Make sure y'all check and have all of the bolts you're supposed to.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No hole at all.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe. I certainly am afraid of them trying to tap new holes by hand.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I noticed that some of my header bolts were absent when I did the cat mod. So I had a buddy who works parts order me up some new ones and went to put them in only to find out that the head is MISSING the holes for the bolts.

Called GM today and they said take it to the stealership and then have the stealership call GM since it is "most likely" a manufacturing defect. No shit sherlock.

So I'm going to make an appointment and let y'all know what they say.
Make sure y'all check and have all of the bolts you're supposed to.
Just don't let them up sell you other shit you know.

That sounds like quality work to me!
Professional Grade...
It's an American revolution guys, c'mon.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Maybe. I certainly am afraid of them trying to tap new holes by hand.
Theres no way they're are going to drill holes! Anyways, the techs rather change the whole thing, and make however much it is that warranty pays them then go through the pain in the ass of drilling holes even if that was an option.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yeh good luck. go apeshit until they replace your head hahaha

like gerry said, very profession grade work.... ridiculous...

i know alot of ppl had the back bolt missing but for you not to have holes even present is just messed up.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I made an appointment for 0730 tomorrow. The service writer tried to tell me that the exhaust manual gets hot and melts the bolts. That man is smoking something. If it's getting that hot - there is a problem more than the bolts.

There is no way it has melted the bolt.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are going to have fun getting my intake out of the way to get to the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the dealer can go fuck themselves. The idiot that gave me the melting bolt line told me it would cost $750 to drill it out and retap it and asked if the manifold had been tampered with. I seriously doubt I can get GM to pay for the repair and for that much money I can either live with it or fix it myself.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
So he asked you about the manifold being tampered with? And right in your sig it says you gutted your cat... sounds like they found something that they can hold against you.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Well the dealer can go fuck themselves. The idiot that gave me the melting bolt line told me it would cost $750 to drill it out and retap it and asked if the manifold had been tampered with. I seriously doubt I can get GM to pay for the repair and for that much money I can either live with it or fix it myself.
Sucks bro. Fix it yourself.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Yeah, because that hardened steel bolt is going to melt before the aluminum it's threaded into will. :lmao:

I swear some people just need to be beaten to death for being too stupid.

Tell him it doesn't fucking matter if the manifold has been tampered with, does he think you filled in the damned hole so that they'd have to fix it? It's a manufacturing defect, not a part that's been broken from a hacked mod.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Tell him it doesn't fucking matter if the manifold has been tampered with, does he think you filled in the damned hole so that they'd have to fix it? It's a manufacturing defect, not a part that's been broken from a hacked mod.
:yeahthat: Try taking it to another dealer and see if they could help you.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well... I'd rather not pay another $125 for them to look at it. Bastards.

*edit* Although they did do the brake light recall for me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts