Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running both the upper and lower arm kits? If so do they work well with the belltech drop ball joints or just use the factory ball joints

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Honestly I didn't even know they offered a set of LCAs

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It says right in the link that they work with them. I would assume that if their arms didnt work well with the BellTechs, MMW wouldnt say so right in the product description, especially since they also make their own apparently.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
They sell them for bags Jeremy.

and I think it answered the question:

"This is the MMW Budget front end kit for the GM 355 / Colorado / Canyon Trucks. This kit includes upper arms with ball joints, all poly bushings, sleeves, and brake line mount holes. The lower arms come with a lower bag mount, shock mount, and all poly bushings and sleeves needed to install. They are intended to use your stock lower ball joint, or drop lower ball joints from beltech, or our MMW drop lower ball joints."

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
So is the OP trying to lower or bag his ride.......

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the truck is already lowered would it help getting the arms to keep the ball joints from being in a bind and to keep from having to max out the alignment keys?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
The uppers will help yes
@blurred and some other have gone with to keep their camber in check.

I'm Running coilovers and BT balljoints and I have no problem aligning mine

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks, the truck has the belltech 4/5 kit on it, I went to get it aligned and they had to max out the lower keys, so I was trying to find a way to fix that

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
What did you use to drop the front.....springs and BJs?

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
The upper arms will help, I had 2in coils, 2in balljoints and drop shocks and had to run arms to help with the camber.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
BTW, if your not bagged you won't be able to use those lower arms.

Curious to see what there drop ball joints look like, anyone seen them before?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why wouldn't I be able to use the lowers with out bagging it, is it because the bag plate would hit the lower spring perch?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Because their lower arm has a spot for a bag to sit on it, it doesn't have anywhere for you to mount the bottom of the coil over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts