Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received mine in the mail and they are beautiful. The one thing I have an issue with is where to run the abs wire, anyone that has them can you please show me some pics on how you have yours before I start drilling a few holes into the to mount the with the factory clips

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
In for info... I didn't know about these. I'm about to do some front-end work.
Hmmm.

·
Factory Fresh
1,898 Posts
I have a set and unfortunatly they didnt make them with the abs wire in mind. but mind are just kinda embarrassed to say but just neatly zip tied them to mind and ive had mine on for over a year with no issue's.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Are the bushings on those replaceable with the OE bushings when they're shot?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Nope I don't believe so but I could be wrong. Call them up and they will deff give you an answer!
Thanks for that, it was a really dumb question..
If I had looked more closely I would have seen that they use polyurethane bushings.
I emailed today and the folks at MMW told me they're standard Energy Suspension poly bushings.

Now I'm wondering, how much additional road-noise those bushings will transmit into the cab..

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Thanks for that..

It's good to know, but ya know how it is, everybody's a little different that way.

I'm an old guy and I travel a lot, so chances are you'll maybe ignore some things that'd annoy me, especially when it comes to noise.... I hate chassis-noise big-time.

I really do appreciate the input though, opinions from guys like yourself are all I'll have to go on.
I'll have my front end apart in about a month, and I'd like to try 'em out.

Worst case, I'll be out $1k or so if I can't live with 'em and decide to swap back to OE arms.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I'm sure you may feel a slight transfer of energy considering they are poly vs rubber. They look to be the standard graphite impregnated poly bushings. If the installer uses a fair amount of lube, then there shouldn't be any noise. I have seen situations where the poly grease gets thin over time and they may squeak. Not sure, but you might be able to drill and tap for zerk grease fitting. Then you can add grease when you want until it squished out the side. Not sure if it would be wiser to put it on top to allow the grease to heat and weep to the bottom vs. being on the bottom. Seems like a logical possibility to modify them fairly easily.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
You sound kinda like me any kinda noise i hear i want to figure out. So i dont blame you but your welcome.
You may want to check this out....
If/when it happens it'll drive you nuts trying to guess where the chassis-squeak is coming from...

http://www.355nation.net/forum/chassis/115497-may-want-inspect-your-cab-frame-mounts.html

I have a full set of replacement body mounts on the way from GM Parts Direct.
If they arrive by Thursday I'll be able to get 'em mounted Friday morning.

Stay safe!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

i think it came out ok, i'm anal about things looking factory

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts