Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
252,000+ Miles
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted everyone to know that I confirmed an identical replacement with the Mobil 1 Factory Fill label on the oil cap - AC Delco part #RC73 or GM# 12555685.

Label: 10236268

They are still being made and available for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Are you gonna make a 'how to' thread to show us how to change it?

(Sorry just joking, couldn't resist the urge.........:lol:)

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Just wanted everyone to know that I confirmed an identical replacement with the Mobil 1 Factory Fill label on the oil cap - AC Delco part #RC73 or GM# 12555685.

They are still being made and available for a reasonable price.
When you say "reasonable" kind of makes me think that it is someone who makes alot more $$$ than I do !! LOL Nice find !! I of course want one !!! :salute:

·
Registered
188 Posts
No reason for a How-to . . . just do it the regular way and put the truck on a turntable, dangle from a cherry picker, and while firmly grasping the cap have four friends turn the truck in the proper direction. Reverse direction to replace. Not rocket science, after all, folks.

:D

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
No reason for a How-to . . . just do it the regular way and put the truck on a turntable, dangle from a cherry picker, and while firmly grasping the cap have four friends turn the truck in the proper direction. Reverse direction to replace. Not rocket science, after all, folks.

:D
Oil cap $9 (I don't have a clue)
Cherry picker $200
In-Floor turntable $1995 +installation
Having 4 friends that will spin your truck for you -priceless!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Wow, how often are you guys under the hood of your truck to where you need to dress up the engine compartment.

LOL

A word of caution, making sure to remove the aftermarket items before selling may be a good idea. Otherwise you're telling the buyer that it has has synthetic Mobile 1 from the start and from the factory also indicating the buyer must also use Mobile 1. It may persuade somebody away if they do not wish to use Mobile 1.

·
Super Moderator
13,733 Posts
Mobil 1 Oil Change Stickers

Question:
Are Mobil 1 Oil Change Stickers Available?
Are "Use ONLY Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil" stickers available so when I have my vehicle serviced the wrong (non-synthetic) oil is not placed in the engine?

Answer:
Yes, we have Mobil 1 decals. Please use Contact Us, and select "Product Questions" from the drop-down menu. Then send us your name and mailing address so we can have the stickers mailed to you.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts