Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new so please excuse me! I bought an 04 col little over a month ago, I love it! Alright here is my problem I don't have a clue what model it is... I want to lower it some but again what is the model. It has the massive z71 flares, ride height of a z85 and it had the zq8 rim/tire size originally... I checked the glove box and the sticker with all the 3 digit line codes there is one that says ZQ8. The owner before me put lift shackles on the back but nothing to the front. It currently has 235/75/15s on it which is almost 2 inches bigger than the Q8 package and there is plenty of gap to fit a 31.. So I am stuck as to what to think... Is there a def way to find out and get the thing back to a Q8 height if thats what it is? Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
If there's a ZQ8 code in the glove box, that is what it is.

If you want to get it back to the original height, you'll need to figure out what the person before you placed on there and remove that, swapping to ZQ8 suspension components.

Since you know nothing about these, you can take photos of your suspension setups and toss them on here. Most will be able to tell you what is different than the stock stuff, unless of course, the person swapped the suspension components out with other stock components (IE Z85 suspension)

fortunately, the ZQ8 and Z85 suspension setups are the same so you just need to get the suspension stuff to drop it back down, either aftermarket or OEM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out finally... I noticed it had lift shackles on the back I thought it was just for handling extra weight for towing. But the previous owner Installed a "lift" kit. Took it off and it rides great and no sqeeking. I'm happy now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts