Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights and turn signals are almost all cracked and I want to know how to fix them. I noticed that a lot of people paint the inside of the housing various colors to match their truck. I'm wondering if there is/was a how-to and if not what do i need to do.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
If you're just trying to get the moisture out, then toss em the oven at a low heat. Although when I did it it worked fine, but a little streak of moisture dried on the driver side lamp :(

As far as popping em open and painting them I'd give rrcn a holler

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
ther is a how to.. its called baking your headlights. I had moisture in mine after i baked them but it went away when i put in my HIDs

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so if i simply want to get the moisture out i can bake them for 20 minutes? i don't think i want to paint the housings any time soon

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
so if i simply want to get the moisture out i can bake them for 20 minutes? i don't think i want to paint the housings any time soon
you know im sure that would work. I used a hairdryer set on HIGH with my civic back in the day. I bought those halo projectors for it now knowing you should reseal anything you buy off ebay haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts