Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rockers are chipped due to my mud tires. I plan on lifting and going bigger on the tires and would like to protect my rockers from chipping, plus the chips annoy me. I would like to Monstaliner the rockers and probably my bed as well (crew cab). Just wondering on how much I should order, and how easy/hard is it to use. Pros, and cons.

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Easy to use ! Follow the instructions and it will be trouble free , I used 2.5 gallons to do the outside of my crew and camper shell . 1 gallon does 60 sqft 2 coats

Read the instructions and if you have any questions let me know and I'll try to help . I have coated 3 vehicles so far with monstaliner , my truck , my dads c30 dump body and my brothers jeep yj

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you onelow1ton I will probably ask more about it once i figure out how much I think I should get and order it. And that looks really good 05colorado5spd makes me want to do it even more I've been also debating on whether I should do the fender flares as well, like complete or just keep it an even line... Opinions. Also 05colorado5spd did you have to apply any into the door sills at all

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
I taped it off just to the sil so you cant see red, but when you open the dr. you can see the tape off

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Like Kenny said, read the directions. It's pretty straight forward.

If you call magnet they're really easy to work with and can tell you exactly what you need.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After looking today the chips on the back flare are a little higher than the bump guard. Therefore I'm looking into getting new flares possibly. Contemplating three options

1) monstaline just the bottom of the flares.
2) remove flares
3) buying the grey granite flares from gm parts direct and monsta lining the whole flare too

Option two and three could also be paired with removing body side moulding.

Just looking into some options and would like to know what everyone else thinks as I'm hoping to get this done within the next month and a half.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts
Well, I removed, cleaned, monstalined, and reinstalled my factory z71 flares.

They came gloss black but were chipped and worn like yours.

Since they are plastic, you have to modify your prep process. Instead of wiping down with MEK, you need to clean with 70% IPA or denatured alcohol until every foreign object is off them.

I cleaned the inside and outside at the same time, and replaced the adhesive tape with fresh before finishing them.

Once that is done, you coat the things with a layer of Bulldog per their instructions, minus the bulldog brand cleaner.

Then once it's "dry" (sticky as hell) you monstaline over the top of it, 2 coats same as the truck.

came out great and survived the winter without issues.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Since they are plastic, you have to modify your prep process. Instead of wiping down with MEK, you need to clean with 70% IPA or denatured alcohol until every foreign object is off them.

I cleaned the inside and outside at the same time, and replaced the adhesive tape with fresh before finishing them.

Once that is done, you coat the things with a layer of Bulldog per their instructions, minus the bulldog brand cleaner.

Then once it's "dry" (sticky as hell) you monstaline over the top of it, 2 coats same as the truck.

Thank you Goros.

Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Do you have any pictures?.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts