Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: Finished pics on post 34.

I bought a kit awhile back to do my bumpers and rockers on the truck and am now just getting prepped to do it all. I cannot decide whether to do the fender flares with it as well or just the lower portions where it'll be in line with the rockers and doors. Any opinions or pics? I can't seem to decide if it will be goofy or not. Orange and black should go well together no matter what though. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I think it would look good.... IMO

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Flares, rockers, bumpers, front light bar, side mirrors, door handles and tailgate handle and interior is done in Herculiner. All the exterior was done about 3 years ago. It fades to an ugly grey so all you have to do is paint it or buy the Herculiner UV protection.
Check out my profile for pics. :D

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
I'm planning to do both front fenders and both front fender flares, and maybe the hood, too, for now. Ive got a new fender and flare needing paint, tho.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those do look pretty good guys. I just couldn't decide whether to coat the whole flare or leave them orange except for the bottom portion. Also, how much work is it gonna take to get it to stick to the chrome bumpers? Remove all the chrome of just scuff the crap out of it?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
@onelow1ton - Kenny is well versed with this product

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts
I stole the idea to do mine from Kenny as well.

Currently the entire exterior is black and the fender flares & grill are pyroclastic. The bumpers will soon be black also and the interior floor will be light quartz grey.

I have some yellow as well that I was going to use on the Kr Fabs rear diff skid plate but I think I'm waiting until it's got some miles on it first.

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
how much work is it gonna take to get it to stick to the chrome bumpers? Remove all the chrome of just scuff the crap out of it?
Sand it with a 3M Scotch Brite pad. Clean it with a degreaser and roll on the first coat light. Wait 2 hours then roll the second coat on thick. :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
How much high in inch from.bottom rocker to top of herculiner are you make on your truck?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much high in inch from.bottom rocker to top of herculiner are you make on your truck?
I think I am going to go about 4". The plan was to go to the curve in the door below the protector pad deals.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
Here are some pics i took as i did it.

Some pics after compleded

And then I put a small red pinstripe just below its starting line

·
Registered
182 Posts
That looks amazing, how's the texture of the monstaliner? Is it smooth or does it have a nice texture to it? How long did it take to get everything done?

Sorry for all the questions just plan on tackling this some time soon

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
Well first it is not monstaliner, i got spray on bed liner, i think the can is sitting on the rear tire in one of the pics, and with prep and masking and bullshitting with the other guys it did take all day. The texture is kinda smooth but not like paint, but not rough, hope this helps

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
That can on the tire looks like a can of beer...... :lmaop:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts