Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so I have a 2wd crew cab. Its got 3 inch spindles and 2 inch spring spacers and shackles in the back, so 5 inches. I want to know, can I raise the front 2" and the back 1"? If so how would I do that?

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Okay so I have a 2wd crew cab. Its got 3 inch spindles and 2 inch spring spacers and shackles in the back, so 5 inches. I want to know, can I raise the front 2" and the back 1"? If so how would I do that?

The only way you're going to get the front up another 2 inches is the CST spindles in place of the 3" spindles or add a set of coil overs to pick up the extra lift. Dirty has done that on his truck that I know of off the top of my head.

The rear is easy all you need is a set of shackles. CST makes a 1" shackle. I may have some laying around if you're interested

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I attach a shackle to a shackle?
And how big are the CST spindles?
What would I search to find coil overs?

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
^^^ NO for god sakes no! You use only one shackle. I missed you saying you had shackles in the back. You need a longer pair of shackles. How much longer are the ones you have now? Also do you have a one piece shaft or two piece driveshaft?

CST spindles are 5"

PM Dirty and he can tell you all about the coilovers and what you need to look into getting. I personally don't know but I'm looking into a set soon for myself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My shackles are 3". And I honestly don't know about my driveshaft. That's embarrassing.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
My shackles are 3". And I honestly don't know about my driveshaft. That's embarrassing.
Ok so you need to run a 4" shackle or do a SOA (spring over axle) and ditch your shackles.

On your drive shaft do you have a center bearing between two shafts or is it just one complete shaft?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can also add another leaf to the rear spring packs. The pro comp one raises 1", IIRC.

Slick and dirty sell coil over adapter plates as part of their mid-travel kit.

Also have you considered a 1" body lift?

·
Registered
133 Posts
You have a two piece drive shaft.

The 5" spindle lift comes with all the hardware needed to relocate the carrier bearing but it does require cutting and welding. If you want to run the 5" spindle and the 2" spring spacer I believe you need new upper control arms though to fix the alignment issues. Correct me if I'm wrong GeorgiaBoy.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
You have a two piece drive shaft.

The 5" spindle lift comes with all the hardware needed to relocate the carrier bearing but it does require cutting and welding. If you want to run the 5" spindle and the 2" spring spacer I believe you need new upper control arms though to fix the alignment issues. Correct me if I'm wrong GeorgiaBoy.

You are correct sir. I'm ruining a set with mine

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats a set of those run? Id search it but I have no idea what to look for

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm pretty sure they stopped making the 5" spindle. CST no longer lists it on their website and most places that carried it are out of stock now.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
The guy I just sold mine to said CST still has blanks for their cast but they were only machining if you called and asked and placed the order. Think he said the turn around was a month or two :shrug:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reviving an old thread here. I will be purchasing a body lift soon. I would like to get the PA 3inch. Does anyone know of a Colorado with an 8 in lift on 32s? I also am looking into 2 inch spacers.

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Most run 33's with 8 inch lift on a 2wd z85. Might be a bit sluggish if you got 3:42 gear ratio.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What gearing would you suggest?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
also could coilovers give the additional lift instead of the body lift? I don't know much about this stuff pardon my ignorant question

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Well if your going with 33's then 4:10 would be ideal. 3:73 would be ok for 32's or 33's. Correct me if I'm wrong but you already have 5 inches of suspension lift in front right? Any more would require custom upper a arms.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts