Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight as I'm driving home on the freeway, cruising at ~60mph the ABS and brake light both light up and the truck starts chiming like hell hath unleashed.
Yet everything is fine.

:disgust:

I guess I will be getting the truck to the dealer sooner than I had planned. The lights stayed on the rest of the way home and the DIC was flashing "ABS FAULT BRAKES". We'll see if it's still like that tomorrow morning...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
for me it was a loose ground hopefully its the same thing for you.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What the Crap!!??
This was what was going through my head at the time, only not as vulgar. :mc:

for me it was a loose ground hopefully its the same thing for you.
I will check when I look to see if I can mess with the intake to fix the trouble code. For now it's been too damn hot though. Thanks for the suggestion :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
yeah it was my intake, my abs light came on and all my electrical stuff turned off, and then it wouldnt start the next morning. and then that afternoon it started and I drove it to the dealership and it was good for like five min and then I started thinking about not taking it there and it happened again.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
mine did this for like 2 months straight off and on... 1 week its fine.. next week it would happen. I would pull over to the side of the road... turn the truck off and back on... it goes away. hasn't been back for like... 3 months now :shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I had to take mine is yesterday cause it was overheating when my AC was on....still havent heard anything back on it yet other then....yup looks like theres a problem. lol.

M

·
0 Posts
So just as I thought it would be, today when I get in and start it up to go to work both the lights are off. It was the same when I left for lunch too...
Interesting :ugh:
I get a random check engine light. It'll be on for 2-3 days, then it won't come on again for months. These trucks seem to be really super sensitive to pretty much anything. I think mine may be fuel I'm using.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts