Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, lemme begin buy saying, "I am NOT a stereo guy". I usually tend to buy and sell all my vehicles with the factory stereo installed the entire time. Here is my issue, though...

I have the factory AM/FM/Sirius/6-Disc in my Colorado. Many of the buttons are starting to peel, and there's NO aux port. So, instead of T-tapping an aux port in somewhere, or buying a cheap wal-mart stereo with one Installed, I've decided I should utilize the fancy Bluetooth feature on my phone, since that's all I'll be listening to.

So what I'm looking for is a Double Din, Bluetooth capable, factory looking(ish) stereo, that the GM Sirius/XM antenna will plug in to, since I have it activated.

Pleeeeeease forgive my ignorance, stereos have just never been my thing. Any & all help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Is there a question up there someplace?
If you want to know what fits, I'd suggest using Crutchfield for dimensions and they tell you what should fit your vehicle.

Also, expect to purchase a chimes retention module wire harness. Either GMOS or GMRC are the two products you should look for. Yes, they are about $80.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i have a pioneer avh-x2500bt has bluetooth for phone and music does not have satellite radio but i use my phone for xm and pandora, i dont use the antenna anymore, check oit pioneers line im sure you will find something

·
Registered
96 Posts
it all depends on your price range and preference on brand. the majority of double dins will fit in our trucks, and now they are starting to make bluetooth a standard feature. my best suggestion would be to go to Fry's, Best Buy, Car Audio Shop, and play with the double dins they have on display, then when you find the few that you like, go back home and research those online and you will find the one that best fits you.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Is there a question up there someplace?
If you want to know what fits, I'd suggest using Crutchfield for dimensions and they tell you what should fit your vehicle.

Also, expect to purchase a chimes retention module wire harness. Either GMOS or GMRC are the two products you should look for. Yes, they are about $80.
Hey, are sarcastic ass hole is back and is on his A game. :th_woot:

it all depends on your price range and preference on brand. the majority of double dins will fit in our trucks, and now they are starting to make bluetooth a standard feature. my best suggestion would be to go to Fry's, Best Buy, Car Audio Shop, and play with the double dins they have on display, then when you find the few that you like, go back home and research those online and you will find the one that best fits you.
That's the best advice right there, also look for the chime/harness on line as well. Shops are going to want $80 and up for them when you can find them online for about $25.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I used a Kenwood DPX 503 H.U. Fit perfect and the sound quality is great !!! Good luck with your decision !! :salute:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts