Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this is in the right spot...

I was under my truck the other day and noticed something a little out of place. It just hangs there... Attached to wires... Should this be connected to the bolts shown just to the right? If I remove the bolts to attach, is there anything I need to worry about? Loss of fluid?

ImageUploadedByAG Free1410630441.198908.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Nothing will happen if you remove the two bolts to reinstall the bracket. Another problem is that the two fuel lines there are supposed to be attached to that bracket. There was probably a single clip that held both tubes and attached to the open hole in the bracket. I couldn't find a reference for the configuration with auto transmission, but the manual is similar. It is possible that the "clip", #6 in this link would be the same, but you would have to get it verified by a Dealer. FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEM. Fits: CANYON 2WD, CANYON 2WD Crew Cab, CANYON 2WD Extended Cab, CANYON 2WD Regular Cab, CANYON 2WD Z71 FLEET, CANYON 2WD Z71 SL... | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
Correct #6 clips the fuel rails to the bracket, however I believe your just missing two nuts. That bracket goes on top of the nuts that are there, you don't have to take those off just find two more that fit and reattach the bracket.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more thing that I noticed while down there that looks a little out of place. I don't have a picture of it either. I noticed that I have a ground wire on the side of the engine block. Is this normal? Should I move it and attach to the frame?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
It's okay. If you look a bit closer, you will find that there are actually three grounds on the left side of the block.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts