Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you have the single disc player, then yes it can. If you have the 6-CD stacker then no it doesn't. I found it kinda weird that if you get a bigger system (6 Stacker) that it doesn't play mp3's, oh well. That's what the iPod is for lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the single disc one, but i put it in, and it just comes up as one big track with no sound... this sucks! waste of a prefectly good cd :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha. well, if i had the money to get one, i totally would, but im a tad bit broke. not havin a job will do that to ya. haha

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Just go aftermarket.

Oddly, these stock units don't hold up very well. Mine didn't have a problem with CD compatibility at all. It played everything I threw at it. Until it decided to not accept any sort of CD. lol. You could hear the motor run, but it wouldn't suck the CD in. Sometimes it would accept the CD and then just spit it right back out. And once in a while, it would play the damned thing. But once it did, I would leave it in there until I was dead tired of listening to the same shit. :lmao:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Just go aftermarket.

Oddly, these stock units don't hold up very well. Mine didn't have a problem with CD compatibility at all. It played everything I threw at it. Until it decided to not accept any sort of CD. lol. You could hear the motor run, but it wouldn't suck the CD in. Sometimes it would accept the CD and then just spit it right back out. And once in a while, it would play the damned thing. But once it did, I would leave it in there until I was dead tired of listening to the same shit. :lmao:
same here. i agree go aftermarket.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Who wants mp3 anyways, poor quality IMO. Just either get an iPod connector or an aftermarket deck (when you have the money that is...) or if your really down for just throwing anything in there, look in the buy and sell or even a pawn shop I unno...usually you can find like a cheapie alpine deck for 25-50$ ?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Who wants mp3 anyways, poor quality IMO. Just either get an iPod connector or an aftermarket deck (when you have the money that is...) or if your really down for just throwing anything in there, look in the buy and sell or even a pawn shop I unno...usually you can find like a cheapie alpine deck for 25-50$ ?
i love my stock mp3 deck. i wouldn't trade it for the world.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
They are fairly decent, I just haven't had one that read the disc for two shits.
both of mine have worked great actually. but i wouldn't be suprised if my current one breaks givin the other problems i've had with the 08 :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts