Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A look at the new Colorado...
Drivetrain...
The 3.6 V6 Is very smooth and packed with torque... Near silent operation !! The Transmission is the best working trans. I have ever driven... It always seems to know what gear to be in whenever...Under any circumstance !! The Engine pulls up hills with very little effort without down shifting... When a pass is needed a slight push on the throttle drops the trans. down and away it goes !! It runs [email protected] The cruise works very well and is easily set and resume functions as it should.
Handling...
This new Colorado drives like it does not weigh a 100LBS. The steering effort and brakes make it feel like you are driving a high performance go cart.... The Goodyear Fortitude HT Wrangler tires hook up well and have zero road noise !! It feels very confident in high speed corners... Like a low setting Sports car !! Body roll is very little and you feel as thought you could drive it a lot harder than you are !!
Interior....
The controls all seem right where you need them !! The My Link 8" Entertainment system is very robust and has anything a person could want... The Bluetooth sync with my phone is spot on !! Music, Hands free voice calls and contact lists are just a touch away !! Set it up with 2 different phones and all contacts from each phone is put in the system... you can only use 1 of the links at a time but little problem with that.. Just switch to 2nd. phone and use it !! The sound quality is very good from the 6 speaker setup !! The navigation is also spot on with turn by turn ...Gets you where you want to go !! The rear view camera works very well...Even in the dark...Grid lines are very accurate and keeps you off the curbs !! The bucket seats are very comfortable !!! They are firm but do not leave you feeling fatigued after a long drive !! The center console has lots of room and USB port inside the console !! Outside noise is keep outside with the triple layer weather stripping road noise and wind are keep at bay !!!
Fit And Finish...
This Truck is very well put together !!! All body lines are very well meet and everything feels very solid inside and out !! The paint is very smooth and the clear coat seems to make it look an inch deep !! Thick body moldings seems they will last a long time of heavy use !! The power windows and door locks work very well and operate fast and smooth !! The aluminum wheels are great looking and fit the body style perfect !!
Final Thoughts...
The 2015 Colorado deservers the "2015 Truck of The Year Award " it received in many ways !! It is a Truck that thinks it is a sports car !!
A few of the things that I would have liked to see are... A locking fuel door... More gauges... And darker tinted windows....
The only thing that I disliked were the wheel wells... They seem to be made of a cloth like polymer that I don't know will hold up in the long run !!
Long Live The Nation !!! :salute:

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
The wheel well liners are flocked to reduce road/tire noise in the cabin. It will be interesting to see how they hold up over time.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... They look very different !!!
I like them... Just different looking...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts