Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I bought the 3" mandrel prebent tail section from Heartthrob Exhaust's, 3" Magnaflow center/offset polished ss muffler and a ss high flow cat from magnaflow thats good to up to a 5.9 engine. Its going to be 3" from the manifold back and Im going to use band clamps instead of welding or c-clamping it together.

I am having the exhaust installed on friday but untill then here are some pics of the parts.

*Cat Part# 94109 Satin SS

*5x11 Body and 22" Length, 28" Overall, 3" Inlet and Outlet
Muffler Part# 14589 Polished SS and 12589 Satin SS

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Sweet. Are you going to be doing any dyno runs after the install?

I was thinking about doing the Magnaflow on mine, but I think I'll most likely get annoyed of the sound after a while because even though it sounds good, it is a bit loud. lol.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell no. No more dyno's for my truck. It was a $,$$$.$$ mistake last time. lol I specificly got a rather large muffler so that its not as loud as it would be with a smaller muffler. I hope it sounds good

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hey man which muffler did u end up getting.. i'm thinking about changing mine to get a different sound.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey man which muffler did u end up getting.. i'm thinking about changing mine to get a different sound.
Updated my 1st post with the info. Let me see if how good the muffler fits in there before you go buying one.

**Update- Well I was supposed to have my exhaust installed tomorrow. But I got some bad news from the dealership today. I took it in 2 days ago to have the drivers side front abs sensor replaced and it seems they are having a hard time removing the hub to replace the sensor. So they had to order a new hub and it wont be in untill monday :( so it looks like I wont be doing the exhaust untill next weekend and to top it off they gave me a shitty cavalier to drive this weekend. Oh well I guess its better to have something to drive then nothing. :dawg:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
damn that sucks bro

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Updated my 1st post with the info. Let me see if how good the muffler fits in there before you go buying one.

**Update- Well I was supposed to have my exhaust installed tomorrow. But I got some bad news from the dealership today. I took it in 2 days ago to have the drivers side front abs sensor replaced and it seems they are having a hard time removing the hub to replace the sensor. So they had to order a new hub and it wont be in untill monday :( so it looks like I wont be doing the exhaust untill next weekend and to top it off they gave me a shitty cavalier to drive this weekend. Oh well I guess its better to have something to drive then nothing. :dawg:

You mean next week, not weekend right? Next weekend is the meets!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Ok its on like donkey kong again. Fri @ 1pm its getting installed again. Wish me luck

so hows is it.. i would like to change my muffler and wondering how did it fit and hows the sound

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
so hows is it.. i would like to change my muffler and wondering how did it fit and hows the sound
reading > :joo:

He said it's getting installed Friday, today is Wednesday. :lmao:

What all got messed up on your Gibson setup Brewer?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
good point.. fucker.. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts