Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i love how bright they are. i love mine.. i had to shine up some campers yesterday.. i know they must have bitched about how bright they are.. i need to angle mine down. i getting flashed where ever i drive

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
How do you disable the auto light? I hate that thing. :dawg:
Pull out your sensor and unplug it from the harness but do not allow the harness to fall in just yet.

Get yourself a 680-Ohm resistor (1/2 watt or 1/4 watt, whatever is available) and plug it into the harness -- doesn't matter which lead goes where. Make sure it's pushed as far down as you can get it.

Then just drop the harness into the hole and push the sensor back into its location in the dash and you're done.

With this setup, your DRLs will always be on, even at night.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Or from what I've read just pull the DRL relay from the fuse box.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Pull out your sensor and unplug it from the harness but do not allow the harness to fall in just yet.

Get yourself a 680-Ohm resistor (1/2 watt or 1/4 watt, whatever is available) and plug it into the harness -- doesn't matter which lead goes where. Make sure it's pushed as far down as you can get it.

Then just drop the harness into the hole and push the sensor back into its location in the dash and you're done.

With this setup, your DRLs will always be on, even at night.
Thanks RR....I like this site more and more everyday....good knowledge and QUICK response....looks like im going to get it done tonight thanks! :salute:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I just want to disable mine because it seems my lights are always on....I dont like the way the tail lights look with the lights on during the day...:shrug:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
wierd.. i see now. i thought u were worried about the autolights and the HIDS because i know alot of people were worried about it on the other site. I have had no problems with mine :shrug: i understand now.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
haha no I guess I should apologize because I kind of hijacked the thread I shouldve posted this in the help section.....sorry to hijack the thread(intimidator) and cause confusion:high5: :355:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts