Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my blinker wont blink....but the ambers aren't burned out and still work as the running lights?! but when i use the turn signal knob, it blinks really fast like that one time i forgot to hook them up.....but they are hooked up. brakes and headlights work.

do i need to just change the bulb?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Check the turn signal in the rear. One is probably burnt out.

·
Registered
893 Posts
nope sorry.........

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
You are out of blinker fluid. The fill location is located behind the passenger side tail light. Should be an easy fix. :eek:mg:

There's a light bulb guide stickied at the top of this forum. ;)

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
that damn blinker fluid!

·
Registered
358 Posts
there are also 2 light strands in each bulb one for daytime runners and another for blicker/night runners

btw... the numbers for the bulb r printed right on it. should be 3057 or 3157

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I've been having the same problem. Been meaning to start a thread about it but it hasn't done it in a few weeks so I forgot.....

Everything will be kosher the out of nowhere my driver front turn signal will go out. Sometimes it comes back on by itself but if it lasts a bit longer, then I can "jiggle" the bulb and it'll come on, or I take the bulb completly out and turn it 180 it works again. Last time I did it, it worked for like 5 mins into my drive, then hit some bumps and it stopped, then hit more bumps and it worked again???

I don't think the problem is in the Bulb. When I got my clear lights and chrome bulbs I installed all of it and right off the bat the driver turn signal didn't work, and that was with a BRAND new bulb. Again, I had to pop the socket out and jiggle the bulb so it would work.:econo:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Now that Josue has described his problem I think I remember some people having a problem with the bulb socket, and they wound up having to have it replaced.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
No telling, it'll depend on the dealer probably. Shit, they might blame it on your hood. :lol:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i just went to pepboys and got a new bulb.....fixed it. thanks for the help. i just find it wierd that it lights up but doesnt blink....?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
What if you just readjust the terminals inside the socket??

I had to do that after putting LEDs inside my DRLs/parking lights. The LEDs stretched the terminals wayyy out and the stock bulbs wouldn't sit securely anymore. They would wiggle around.

I took a small screwdriver and pried the terminals back out. They've worked like stock ever since.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
No telling, it'll depend on the dealer probably. Shit, they might blame it on your hood. :lol:
hahahaha "your hood is causing the airflow to go directly over your truck which in turn is screwing up all your lightbulbs"

·
Registered
181 Posts
my passenger turn signal did this too. i popped the bulb out, checked the # so i could get a replacement...and when i put it back in n' started driving to the store, it worked perfectly:|

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
What if you just readjust the terminals inside the socket??

I had to do that after putting LEDs inside my DRLs/parking lights. The LEDs stretched the terminals wayyy out and the stock bulbs wouldn't sit securely anymore. They would wiggle around.

I took a small screwdriver and pried the terminals back out. They've worked like stock ever since.
what are you talking about? the plastic clip that holds the bulb in place or the metal contacts? i have the same problem, but mine seems to be temperature related.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts