Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is really annoying and i have no clue as to what the problom is. so randomly my car just wont turn over. the batterry is fine and the starter is turning...there is just no start to the engine. exactly 15 to twenty minutes later the truck will fire up no problem, like nothings every happened. i live in so cal so its not the weather.

the computer does not say there is a problem and there is no warning lamps on. its seriosly every 40 starts or so i have this problem...so im late to work alot haha. but can anyone help??http://forum.355nation.net/images/smilies/signdammit.gif

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I'm not quite clear on your problem. Is the starter turning and not engaging the flywheel, is the engine turning over but not starting, or is the starter not turning at all?

If I'm reading what you're saying correctly you're saying the starter is turning over but the engine isnt', so the starter isn't engaging the flywheel. If that's the case then there's probably something wrong with the starter.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Sounds like a starter problem if the starter just spins and the engine doesn't crank. Prob bad solenoid or armature.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was thinking...but it pisses me off when the dealership cant find anything...if the computer doesnt read it then theres nothing wrong.

well thanks guys i appreciate it!!representing 355 nation hardcore in so cal!!:355group:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could it be spark plugs?? maybe??...anyways if it is an armature or a solanoid how much would it be to get it taken care of??

thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
could it be spark plugs?? maybe??...anyways if it is an armature or a solanoid how much would it be to get it taken care of??

thanks guys!
Nah man it aint spark plugs trust me. If your armature or solenoid is bad then the whole starter needs replacement.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fuck it....this stupid mystery problem has finally gotten to me. im taking it in...i dont care how much it is i just want it fixed. i was stranded in an am pm parking lot for 50 minutes on sunday, almost ruined my day before the off road expo. some others have said it might be the fuel system but i dunno. i just hope the dealership can fgure it out.

p.s no warranty yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i hate my life

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
fuck it....this stupid mystery problem has finally gotten to me. im taking it in...i dont care how much it is i just want it fixed. i was stranded in an am pm parking lot for 50 minutes on sunday, almost ruined my day before the off road expo. some others have said it might be the fuel system but i dunno. i just hope the dealership can fgure it out.

p.s no warranty yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i hate my life
Diagnostic time will be painful, hopefully it's something minor and the labor and parts will be quick and cheap.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i got the truck there...parked it at services and then it wouldnt start so at least they saw it first hand and can figure it out. they said if it didnt happen they would never be able to figure it out so hopefully this problem will be resolved. the diagnostic is $95 bucks already, i have aaa so ill get 10% off parts and stuff but ya i feel violated and bent over haha..

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i did but they said no...they want you to really feel it hahahahaha

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
X2, hopefully it's nothing major but I wish you had something solid to point them to. :mc:
For sure, at least when you know where the problem is coming from or what the problem part is you can save a little bit so they don't have to start playing with it to figure out the issue.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so they say its the pcm or bcm modulator, i couldnt hear on my cell but its something like that. its $499 pluss the software download, but hes gunna try and hook me up cus i took it there a year ago with the same problem but we will see. i should here more a little later

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
so they say its the pcm or bcm modulator, i couldnt hear on my cell but its something like that. its $499 pluss the software download, but hes gunna try and hook me up cus i took it there a year ago with the same problem but we will see. i should here more a little later
Sucks. :mc:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
...they're going to make you bleeeeeeddd.

:lol:
Damn, he was right :yeahthat:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
If they have it documented that you complained of the problem before your warranty expired and they couldn't fix it then aren't they required to take care of it as if it's under warranty? There might be a certain timeframe it has to fall under, like a year but it'd be worth looking into.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts