Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo I have been considering something like this for a while and have a lot of time on my hands this weekend, so I figured I would attempt it.

I got the idea from MC as to how to do the needles.

I painted the tops of the needles white and left the sides open for the light to shine through. The pictures don't really show it but the needles are actually really visible in the dark. Then during the day, the white needles against the black background look great...

Eventually I will have blue leds installed and make it look that much better.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Re: MY custom cluster thread...

looks good. needs a little more paint though.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah, working on that right now guys. I am pretty much done with the needles. I need to go test it. The paint is some kind of craft paint that I am testing. It's water based, so if I don't like it I can always wash it off.

Not sure how it will hold up once summer rolls in and the heat kicks in though.

I am also painting the grey bezzel thing to make the cluster stand out a bit more.. Hope it turns out.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

It looks good actually haha. It's sitting out there right now since I was too lazy to unplug it haha.

If I were brave enough, I would pull the needles off and put some white vinyl over the top, then carefully cut it out so NO light would get through...

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Almost done..

I saw a couple of people that painted their cluster surround deal. I decided to do this, yet go one step further and fill it in order to make it relatively smooth. I have actually succeeded in getting rid of the "Gears" that surround the tach and speedo.

I have smoothed a majority of it, and now the last layer of primer is on and drying.

Once it dries, I will start throwing some paint on it. So far it looks really good in person.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Re: MY custom cluster thread... Update 1

looking good i plan on doing something similar with the cluster cover its so ghey....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts