Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[email protected] and [email protected]

Only mods installed at the time were PCMForLess Tune, and a gutted manifold cat.

82.1 degrees inside the shop, 29.5 in-Hg Absolute Pressure, 43% Humidity

- Click on picture to watch video. 14.5megs and 2.5 minutes

The first run was messed up, he told me to start at 40mph and it downshifted. I started pull 2 and 3 at ~60mph to keep it from downshifting.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: My Dyno Graphs from 4/24/07 - PCM4Less tune, gutted cat

Unfortunately no. I still think there's more in it on the tuning side. AEM intake should be here any day now, and I'll probably go with a Borla muffler on stock pipes for now. I'm hoping to buy HPTuner's sometime this year and I'll do a dyno before I start tuning myself to see how much, if any, extra I can gain.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts

hmmm interesting

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts

I say for certain there is more to get out of it.. If I remember correctly VortecI5fan got 199 Hp out of his truck that he tuned it himself. He had more bolt ons though and was able to max out spark timing around 24°.

Man I am slow.. I am still sitting on my gutted manifold. Hoping it installs itself I guess... Once I get that done I will get a dyno run in on my slow 4x4. :lol:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

He has a 5 spd too though, so his #'s will be a little higher. I think I/E and more tuning will yield 200+whp on my truck.

·
0 Posts

So that means im pushing...140-150?...oh yeah, watch out Z06, I got you in my sights!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I hope you can zoom in with your sights if you're chasing a Z06. :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts

That AEM intake will really bring up the top end your Torque peak might actually move to around 5K. Your mileage will suffer though... the sound from the intake is sooo go you be mashing the throttle all the time.

Removing cat protection will also help, especially when doing those top speed runs. You can see it activate at 5500 rpm with that initial torque spike. Your timing bumps up 3-4 degs there but the pig rich ratio will soon slow you down. I pulled cat protect from somebody in Tomball Tx, he said it pulls much better at 100+

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yeah, I had a K&N before but I figured I'd try the AEM out. I'd like to custom make an aluminum airbox for it. We'll see if I ever have time to get around to it. Cat protection would probably also help keep me from dropping almost a full second on back to back 1/4 mile runs.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Video added to original post.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks, bu I can't take credit for it, the guy that organized the event filmed everyone's runs and put them on his site for us. He even gave the full version and a smaller compressed one. He was a really cool guy.

edit: Oh, and the rattle isn't my truck. It's the A/F probe in the tailpipe. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts

That AEM intake will really bring up the top end your Torque peak might actually move to around 5K. Your mileage will suffer though... the sound from the intake is sooo go you be mashing the throttle all the time.

Removing cat protection will also help, especially when doing those top speed runs. You can see it activate at 5500 rpm with that initial torque spike. Your timing bumps up 3-4 degs there but the pig rich ratio will soon slow you down. I pulled cat protect from somebody in Tomball Tx, he said it pulls much better at 100+
hehehehe.....wonder who that was. Last night I did a 60 to 3rd gear 6500 rpm pull and wow....it's pulling crazy. With the torque converter apply mod and no cat protection it's a really clean pull on the top end!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

is it just me or is the date in the title in the future? :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts