Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to get my own Project/Build Thread going so I didn't have to keep finding threads to picture whore on so I Figured this would be best
She is a Silver metallic Birch 3.5L 4 Door Automatic with 104,000 miles
I love modding this Truck

History:
So i have had a lot of different Vehicles most were performance Coupes, This is my First Truck. I purchased this truck from a dealership (First one from a dealer) after three days it through a CEL and took it back they told me it was the EVAP and i had to pay $400+ which I did since I was unaware of the ease this could be done. After that horrible experience I decided it was time to take care of all of this myself.

First thing was the Dual High low mod
Then I moved onto doing my Servos and K&N Air intake
Now I have done Helper springs along with Supermodulation's Ported Throttle body. I have no plan on stopping now with Tuning being required along with painting the Mirrors and Door Handles.

Just after Full Clay bar and Detailing after removing the Side moldings.

Smoked Tailights

Servo install.

K&N Air intake which had to be modded since the MAF was different

Painting my Door pulls to match my paint.

Install of Helper Springs, These have done wonderful in keeping the movement of the rear in place

Supermodulation's Ported Throttle Body, This thing is really what did work on performance and MPG

Old vs New

My next mods are possible a mail order tune and Powerstop brake kit along with many others to come.

I want to say a special thanks to everyone on here who has helped me in making this plain ol' truck into a pleasure to drive and being able to keep up with my people.

:355group:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Please skip the mail order tune and get a remote tune from Supermod

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks nice and clean. I bought my '06 with 105k on it. 15k later... best decision ever.

Are those helper springs really that noticeable? I was thinking about doing mine...

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Helper springs did wonders as long as you tighten them backup after running them for a few, I'm looking to get some bigger rims then fill in the wheel gap by lowering just what i need to make it look good, nothing too low though.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did some more Mods to the Truck today, With these I was able to add over 20 HP

Multi Color LED underbody Kit

So the reason behind this was I had them laying around and I thought I would be able to place them into really good spots and have a way to give myself curtesy lights when I arm the alarm or hit the remote start

Please don't hurt me....:D

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wanted to give an update on the progress of my build:

New Lime Swap Tune, which let me tell you if you haven't gotten this done it completely makes the difference. My truck is so much better at highway speed and gives me that little extra that it needed for passing, or when having the stupid Honda owner see my sticker and think he has something. Now my tires fire off and get to speed it's so nice.

Thank you Jeremy I greatly appreciate your speedy service and quality assurance making sure it was what I wanted

Next is to finish my Fluid changes and get my new fog lights installed, which I will be posting pictures.

Ill be placing an order for SuperSparkz next for my new plugs that are om order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts