Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got them to work. You wouldnt believe what I had to do to get them to work. Apparently reading the instructions COULD be helpful in installing....stuff...lol.

I had a power/ground issues, I hooked up the connectors backwards...like the way its not supposed to go and it worked! Pretty funny huh how I was bustin my brains?! oh well thanks to all that helped me out.

:salute:

ill post pics later on tonight...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
omg.. hahahah.. i had to do the samething.. if i would have know u didn't do that i would have said something.. :lol:

·
Registered
893 Posts
x2... but I switched mine like 30 seconds after them not working the first time :lol:

Glad you figured it out.
So is this a flaw with the directions or oversight?? The only reason I'm asking is I'm thinking about getting a set.........

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is this a flaw with the directions or oversight?? The only reason I'm asking is I'm thinking about getting a set.........

Not really b/c it's mentioned in the "trouble shooting" section of the instruction ALLLLLL THE WAY in the back of the instruction in REALLLLY SMALL letters!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
No, the first time I installed them I wasnt looking I was just plugging what fit into what. When I read and looked it over everything was clear.

I installed a set on my friends rado and we did it correctly on the first try.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ok so on the 2006 the only thing you really needed to do was to unplug the DRL relay and everything was fine??

The only reason I'm asking this is because I was told that with having the low's as the DRL the DRL is receiving a pulsed signal during daytime use. Therefore during the hours of daylight (DRL's/low beam light on) the pulsed signal/power fluctuation could/will end up burning out the HID's prematurely/quickly.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so on the 2006 the only thing you really needed to do was to unplug the DRL relay and everything was fine??

The only reason I'm asking this is because I was told that with having the low's as the DRL the DRL is receiving a pulsed signal during daytime use. Therefore during the hours of daylight (DRL's/low beam light on) the pulsed signal/power fluctuation could/will end up burning out the HID's prematurely/quickly.
No no no. When you wire up the HID's. The connector for the bulb that goes into the ballast just has to be installed inverted (backwards) changing the power/ground terminals around. If you get a pilot kit, just read the troubleshooting section and it will tell you what to do.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
roflmao.

I had the same issue and went through exactly what you did (but in the span of an hour =P), but got them working later that night.

I don't know why it didn't come to me, but I completely forgot to suggest it.

Good to see they're working.

Go with the Mtec kit, bro. I would never do the Pilot kit again. Talk to Paul and he'll get you hooked up.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
roflmao.

I had the same issue and went through exactly what you did (but in the span of an hour =P), but got them working later that night.

I don't know why it didn't come to me, but I completely forgot to suggest it.

Good to see they're working.
It's rookie mistake...but hey now I know for the future or for when the next noob comes through here!

:lol:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
x2... but I switched mine like 30 seconds after them not working the first time :lol:

Glad you figured it out.
same here.. as soon as they didn't work i switch the plug around and bam bright fucking light

glad its working for ya man just adjust them down a bit so u don't blind the fuck out of ppl

1 - 20 of 20 Posts