Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well some of the ohio/pa guys know that I started to do a custom grille towards the end of last summer. Well I finally got it back from my painter today to prefit the mesh.

Click to make pic's bigger.

I started out with a Chrome GMC grill from ebay....

This is what the grille looks like after you cut the center out. Notice missing sections on the sides where the gmc grille bars used to be..... *pic below stolen from for20 thanks

After I cut the center of the grille out with a dremel. I had my local body man fill in those missing sections for me and prep the chrome for paint.

2 1/2 inchs of depth......woot

I also had him fill in the little vent thing that is built into the ends of all 355 grills.

Here's a pic with the black poweder coated mesh grill laying behind the grill that I need to mount.

I will post a few more pics of the grill once I mount the mesh and test fit the grille on my truck. Once thats done I will have him paint it to match my truck.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Re: My Kustom GMC Grille Pictures

Looks tight man. I think it was also smarter to start out with the gmc grille instead of the rado grille like codered did.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

I like it...Alot. I'm just warning you about the mesh being so " see through" I'm still wanting to paint my rad support and what not black so it doesn't look as dumb.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts

Looks tight man. I think it was also smarter to start out with the gmc grille instead of the rado grille like codered did.
there is a reason I started a chevy grill the GMC grill is completely flat the chevy is not and I needed a non flat grill

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts

btw brewer looks good

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks guys!

I like it...Alot. I'm just warning you about the mesh being so " see through" I'm still wanting to paint my rad support and what not black so it doesn't look as dumb.

I hope you dont care that I used one of your pics. I forgot to take a pic of it after I cut the center out lol. If I wouldnt have posted your pic but I dont know if anyone would have figured out what I did to the grille.

I know what your saying about being able to see the core support Ill probley paint it black :salute:

·
Registered
3,789 Posts

oh dude thats sicc!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts

Looks sick man, we may be related down the line somewhere.

Heres mine so far. I like yours better without the little vents, looks killa.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Damn - I so want to do this and either french my lights into the mesh or put them just behind the mesh.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Looks sick man, we may be related down the line somewhere.

Heres mine so far. I like yours better without the little vents, looks killa.

Thanks! Got the perforated aluminum from work and just painted it black. Yours is lookin killer too.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

How did you guys attach the mesh to the grille shell?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts

I used l brackets welded to the mesh. Then mount the l brakets to the grill in certain places. Ill take some more detailed pics. Sorry for stealing the thread. Post up how you mounted yours brewer.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Looks geat Brewer!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts