Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
so been a minute sense an update, work trip got postponed due to the Rona. built the trans myself and upgraded the input shaft and forward hub as well as some fluid mods. also now running a full manual jake performance valve body with transbrake. rear diff got upgraded ford performance clutches and spring as well as fresh fluid obviously. swithced over to holley terminator X ecu and harness as well as full holley 7" digital display. made new charge pipes as well as new crossover for the eshaust to step down from 2.5" to 2" to help aid spool up as well as make it better. old one had many pie cuts and i didnt like it.

step two was of all this was retuning a new ECU and calibration with many hard part changes. was going well with some learning curves thrown in until we found fuel pressure dropping off under boost. little digging leads us to one of my two walbro 450s is bad. so make a baller decision and decide we are upgrading the fuel system that was already over built....mainly due to TI automotive(manufacturer of walbro pumps) being closed and on backorder for the pumps. so just yesterday i installed a shallow but wide 17 gallon fuel cell were the spare tire used to be. cut out all the spare tire brackets and removed oem tank, evap crap, etc. now the rear end is very clean. also mounted right off the side of the tank a very large magnafuel 4303 pump and prefilter and its fed via a 12an feed hose then 10an PTFE hose off that to the y that feeds both rails. did a retune and adjusted base fuel pressure and went for a cruise. on pump gas we hit 12# of boost and the holley ecu was pulling 20% fuel...so needless to say shes very fat and the new pump and such is working great. now we can continue tuning until i leave for this work trip. already have the new link bar lifters standing by. once i return ill finish the engine mods of new studs, gaskets, pushrods, etc and we can up the boost and rpm then. trying for 1k whp in this turd with still having stock bottom end 4.8l and AC.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts