Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
my brother, Dad, and I restored a 65 Lemans (sp) for my brother to drive and we changed what we need to to make it a clone GTO. So much fun to drive. One time my buddy and I ArmorAll ed the back seat (vinal) and thru his girlfriend back there, wiped around corners, she was sliding side to side, we stopped when she was almost crying :lol:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ya, the vinyl seats can do that, mine is a Tempest with the GTO option, I have the PHS build sheet for when it came off of the production line. Was built 24th Nov '64 at the Baltimore Plant. They are a lot of fun, unbelievable torque, the couple of times I've driven it, I had to watch my speed. It just keeps pulling right up to 5500 rpm, chirped the tires in all four gears, the last while shifting to fourth at 60 mph.

Does your brother still have it? I'll never part with mine now. I'll still be driving it 10 years from now.

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
Does your brother still have it? I'll never part with mine now. I'll still be driving it 10 years from now.
this was like 20 years ago
no, Dad sold it quite a few years back

had a hard time with it too. Since it was a clone he couldn't ever get the price he wanted. Just like our trucks, you never get back what you put in. But if yours is a true GTO with numbers matching, it can actually be a good investment if restored really well.

All my brothers had classics as our first car
Mike had the 65 GTO
I had a 64 1/2 Mustang
and Jon had the Bandit car

·
Registered
89 Posts
More Pic's.
Nice ride man! I use to own a 66 Tempest with a built 455 and a TH350 with the "Wonder Touch" power steering and brakes...with the suicide cylinder. Those motors are torquey and have a tendency to run on the warm side if they've been punched open. The trunks are huge. That was a fun car. :D

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Its running great, tho I haven't been driving it for a while. It's still in the shop getting wet sanded and then buffed. The guy doing the work is also doing a few minor paint chip touch-ups as well. He is also adjusting the driver's door as the top hinge is worn, he has the parts to replace the hinge, so it's not a big deal.

He said I will be able to pick it up on either the 14th or 15th of April, so it looks like I'll get it on the 16th when I come back from the Skunkwertz meet.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
I am insanely jealous. That is my dream car...Beautiful ride :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks man,

Yes I couldn't be happier with it. The cruze potential alone is great and when you push the go pedal, it is a whole new experience. :D

·
R.I.P. Joe!
17,424 Posts
Its running great, tho I haven't been driving it for a while. It's still in the shop getting wet sanded and then buffed. The guy doing the work is also doing a few minor paint chip touch-ups as well. He is also adjusting the driver's door as the top hinge is worn, he has the parts to replace the hinge, so it's not a big deal.

He said I will be able to pick it up on either the 14th or 15th of April, so it looks like I'll get it on the 16th when I come back from the Skunkwertz meet.
Thanks for the update. I'm sure when it's back from the shop it will look better than ever.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I think you should put rockets behind the headlights like they did in XXX, just kidding its a sweet looking ride! Can't wait to see it in person
You know, that car from XXX has been for sale for months. They want way too much for it, and I'm not digging the colour either.

You'll been riding in it this spring or summer, I'm sure. Slade and I are gonna meet up some weekend and go for a nice ride, so that would be a good time to meet as well.

With all the nice weather lately, it's killing me that it's not in my garage, soon though. :th_woot:

·
Registered
89 Posts
You know, that car from XXX has been for sale for months. They want way too much for it, and I'm not digging the colour either.

You'll been riding in it this spring or summer, I'm sure. Slade and I are gonna meet up some weekend and go for a nice ride, so that would be a good time to meet as well.

With all the nice weather lately, it's killing me that it's not in my garage, soon though. :th_woot:
Bring it to the Woodward Dream Cruise.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Red with a red interior. Nice. Most had a black or white interior if they were red. Red on red isn't real common. My 65 Chevelle is red on red too :)

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks, I really like the Red on Red too, I love Chevelle's as well. If I didn't find the GTO I wanted, then I would have started looking for a Chevelle next.

But it worked out, when i found the Goat. Ain't the classic's fun. Was over at the shop today, putting the tag holders back on, beadblasted, primed and painted them last week. Only two more weeks and I'll have it back. :th_woot:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts