Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the day started out good. I got a bunch of work done around the house and after it warmed up a little it was off to wash the truck and put on my new flairs. So I pulled the truck up into the shade washed her all good and commenced to putting on the flairs. Everything went super smooth until:

Here's how she started this morning:

Now for the after:

See the problem yet?????? Well here you have it!!!!!

Yep you guessed it the color match was all fuckered up!!!!!

Boy you wanna talk about PISSED!!!! I immediately got on the phone to my painter and gave him an earful!!! Lucky for him he was about to come home for lunch and said he'd be right over to look at it. Got here and said boy that's fucked up as I was agreeing with his every word. Ssoooo needless to say we commenced to taking them off so he could re-shoot the color and hopefully have them back to me tonight. He even took my gas door this time to help match the color better. I guess I'm just glad my painter is a stand up guy and not some shyster that said he saw nothing wrong. So needless to say more pics will follow.................

Well my painter had the flairs back to me the very same day but as luck would have it, it was already dark. So here are the new pics. Needless to say I'm very happy how they turned out. So without further a due:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Well, just give the guy a little slack. Panel painting a color like that isn't the easiest task to do, especially if he didn't have anything to compare a sprayout too the 1st time around. Now that he has your gas door, if it still doesn't match, then give him hell! hahaha

X

·
0 Posts
lookin good except for the paint job on the flares. it will get fixed tho.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Yea it does look off but honestly once the sun beats on it for a lil bit and a couple washes it will look better. When i first got my hood you could definately tell it wasn't the same color black but after a couple weeks it looked fine.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
looks good good thing i told u about that sander

·
Registered
92 Posts
are these the stock gm flairs how easy are they to install i like flairs but every time i think of them i think back to my sonoma and how fucking rusty it was around the flairs but the rest of the truck looked good , if it was somthing i could take off and clean behind now and then id think about it

even my hood i just had painted is not a perfect match i didnt blend it in to the tops of the fenders to hide the transition but its close enough to pass

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I'm going to have to say, I think you're the first stealth gray metallic with ZQ8 flares. :cool::D

I thought about that the first picture I saw...

They are going to look soo good with THOSE WHEELS :kiki2:

Cant wait to see the finished product! :355:

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
These flairs are easy to put on but they are not made to come on and off unless you want to replace the 3m tape every time.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
**Updated pics in the original post**

1 - 20 of 38 Posts