Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Gauges are from Speedhut and are Can-bus for the volt, air intake, fuel gauge and water gauge. The dual gauge Speedo and tach are not Can-bus but the speedo is GPS and the tach just ties into the fuel injector signal. Before you say anything.. Yes I know there is only a 4K tach and the speedo only goes to 80. I ordered it that way. I have a 2.9L so I'm not setting any land records and I never have my foot into it. I didn't do the custom work. I bought the gauges and a second cluster, then sent the stuff to Broadfield Customs to have it build it for me. Putting them in was very easy, wire was even easier. I did loose the clicking of the turn signals.... But I don't mind at all. Best of all no more tire pressure light from no sensors in the wheels. I just wanted something different than the norm and since there really isn't much out there. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wow, that looks good. I've always been disappointed in the factory gauge cluster, even though the DIC can be nice I never liked the gauges.

Any more details on how you made it? More interior pics?

EDIT: I skipped over where you said it was made. Disregard that

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
Interesting Setup, I like that its different!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I like it!

Well done on doing something different

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just got it put in tonight, maybe an hour or two ago. Wiring is pretty straight forward as you only need a Tach signal, Can High and Low from you OBD 2 plus, Switched power, ground, Left and right turn signal and brights. As far as how the clusters made. It was all done by Broadfield Customs so not really sure of all the steps. But it did bolt right back into the same spot, not modifying required. I picked Speedhut because you can customize the gauges right there on their sight so you know what they're going to look like before you buy.

First I need to clean the inside, but yes I can get more photos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that looks good. I've always been disappointed in the factory gauge cluster, even though the DIC can be nice I never liked the gauges.

Any more details on how you made it? More interior pics?

EDIT: I skipped over where you said it was made. Disregard that
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link and I don't want to get into trouble, But if you search Broadfield Customs, he has a blog that shows the steps he goes through to make a Nissan S-13 cluster. He didn't use the 3/4 MDF in my cluster mainly because of the cluster being so tight on space. Hope that helps you out. I can send you the link if you want to PM me.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I think it turned out nice :thumbup: Something no one else has..

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link and I don't want to get into trouble, But if you search Broadfield Customs, he has a blog that shows the steps he goes through to make a Nissan S-13 cluster. He didn't use the 3/4 MDF in my cluster mainly because of the cluster being so tight on space. Hope that helps you out. I can send you the link if you want to PM me.
Thanks! :thumbup: If I had the money I would be totally doing this! I'll add it to the growing list of junk I need to do when I'm out of college

1 - 10 of 10 Posts