Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I called a local shop shortly after i had my truck at the dealership for the head replacement. the dealership notified my my exhaust manifold was bent and cracked and it would be $800 to get a new one and install it. not going to happen when i can get a performance header for just over $400

on to the header... stocker above the prototype to the right.

test fit...

finished product...

and installed...

love it so far. i just installed it friday night. at about 250 miles on the tank. recently i've been hitting around 275 ish per tank. this morning my low fuel notice chimed at 315 miles and i drove for a bit longer till i filled up approx 325 miles to the tank.

this tank i'm expecting to be much better than the last.

as for sound idle is much smoother and much better tone, more refined. under normal acceleration the truck sounds abit less laborious. under wide open throttle the exhaust is mostly dround out by my custom intake but it does sound alot stronger.

as for the butt dyno everything feels less laborious and alot smoother. i'm waiting on my dyno shop to call me back to get a real couple pulls to see where we sit.

poor vid but you can hear the tone and see the speed. this is 33 in tires with 3.73's
Vid: Sound Test 1
Vid: 2 way accel and down shift
Vid: Start up and rev

RESULT: better tone and performance over other so called headers on the market. this also offers a 100% bolt-on header no customization of the hoses or wires. This offers a OE fit for those who have had issues with cracked exhaust manifolds an are in need of replacement. oh and it's yours for $425 or less!

I used Al's Headers and the're located in Anaheim CA

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Thats bad ass man but one thing why is 02 sensor on the header pipe and not the collector???

As far as i know it's supossed to be on very bottom at the collector so it can read all 5 together instead of just one..

Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in

·
Nation Advocate
751 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
i think its mainly to keep the o2 sensor wiring the factory length. it shouldnt really matter though as long as there is a second cat shouldnt throw a CEL

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
I dont really see this as an advertisement.. but okay :shrug:

x2 what txcoloradoss said about the 02?

and DAMN I thought my truck was slow!! :lmaop:

ps- you might want to talk to the admins/mods of this forum before you start advertising someone's product.
"This is what I got. This is where I got it."

That's not advertising, that's giving a personal reference. He's not selling anything.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
RESULT: better tone and performance over other so called headers on the market. this also offers a 100% bolt-on header no customization of the hoses or wires. This offers a OE fit for those who have had issues with cracked exhaust manifolds an are in need of replacement. oh and it's yours for $425 or less!

Not trying to thread-crap, but how do you know it offers better performance over the other headers available for our trucks? Didn't you just say you hadn't done dyno runs yet to get solid numbers on actual performance? Will you be doing dyno runs on your truck with each of the other available headers for our vehicles to do a real comparison of numbers?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well for us tb guys it's the only one that will work besides canyonAB on cfans and that one looks 1000X better.

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm on my phone currently so I'll try to answer all the ?'s.
The o2 is there cause the stock wires. So long as the 2nd o2 reads cleaner no codes.
As for selling I'm not. I'm excited to pass on a great find of a great product.
Dyno run to come.
Slow???? I'm running 33's on 3.73's lifted 5 inches. That's actually decent.
My 0-60 is under 7 seconds now.
I might have bee quoted on saying the cat gut is comperable to a header but now I know I was full of crap.
More info to come this week.

·
Registered
790 Posts
id like one fo those on my truck :)

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I was looking at that and was thinking about redoing it. Might be worth asking Al about it. I don't know what I was thinking was a slightly arcing tube that will clear the bars. The only prob is that ont would either have to buy the whole pipe or two pieces and weld them on keeping the stock cat

1 - 20 of 435 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.