Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I will start working on my interior next. I want to attempt something like this:

Not white and I wouldn't have the airbrushed crap (solid color), but maybe a silver or gunmetal color. I love the way it shines and is so slick looking. I love it.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I want a folding armrest/jumpseat like that....but I need one that is about 6-7" wide :kiki:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want a folding armrest/jumpseat like that....but I need one that is about 6-7" wide :kiki:
That's what I am talking about. My stupid truck has the bench without the folding armrest. I got screwed. I am trying to find one like MC's...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Good luck, it's a time consuming process to smooth out and paint a plastic interior. It looks badass in the end though. :yup:

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
eh im not a fan of painted dashboards. Id rather wrap mine then paint it. I wish our trucks came with better looking interior. The dash is almost too boxy to do anything

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That just fucking rawks. I really like that color and look. That's about the color I am thinking of doing. I'll probably just take it one piece at a time. I know it will take forever, but it will be worth it, IMO.

That same dude had his whole interior orange before he painted it silver...check these out...

Attachments

X

·
0 Posts
i think i might leave my dash and door panels how they are. im gonna get my seats recovered and door panel inserts. maybe the headliner too.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
this will be my next project as well

I will be going with a simular color to this with some custom graphics on it as well

with these seets in soft leather swade

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Wont that glossy paint be a road hazard?? lol.

I'm sure quite a glare can form..........

I'd like to have mine covered in padded leather like these:

that would be nice but in the summers here it would be tought to keep it up

eliminate glare while driving...

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
ive been smoothing my interior for a while now and its a big PITA. ive been using krylon build up primer. doing heavy coat after heavy coat till shes smooth.

right now ive got the door panel 98% smoothed out. im just too lazy to finish it:shrug:

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
well I have been using fiberglass resin Jelly to smooth mine out, use thin coat after thin coat till its smooth...sand in between each

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ i did that to my s-10 and it sucked MAJOR balls. i fucked up so much shit on that dash its not even funny.

what i want to do is go to a junk yard and get a spare dash and smooth that one out and paint it. so i dont have to worry about pulling my dash out and having to get it done in a weekend or any thing like that.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^^^^^^ i did that to my s-10 and it sucked MAJOR balls. i fucked up so much shit on that dash its not even funny.

what i want to do is go to a junk yard and get a spare dash and smooth that one out and paint it. so i dont have to worry about pulling my dash out and having to get it done in a weekend or any thing like that.
my plan too.....hopefully.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
the only problem is locating a junk yard with a rado where the dash isnt messed up

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
good luck bro. can't wait to see what u end up doing

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
yeah man if you find a dash let me know what else the truck has good on it...I am looking for a few good items inside and out.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
right on man will do

do you know where any junk yards are at? i cant seem to find any

1 - 20 of 20 Posts