Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is kind of OT, but it fits here as well. I want to go to school to become a photojournalist, and I'm doing my best to familiarize myself with the art and act of photography. If you guys are interested, please check out the link, and feel free to let me know what you think, good or bad. I have already posted some of them on this site, so please bear with the repetition.

http://picasaweb.google.com/J.Aubihl/RandomPhotos

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Some very nice shots in there. :cool:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice shots! What camera you using? I have the Canon EOS Digital Rebel. The original 6.3MP not the newer 8MP. I will post up some of my shots...give me a minute.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice shots! What camera you using? I have the Canon EOS Digital Rebel. The original 6.3MP not the newer 8MP. I will post up some of my shots...give me a minute.
A majority of them were taken with my Canon S2IS (5.0 mp), but some were taken with my Canon Rebel XTi (10.1 mp)

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Nice pics man. Glad you went with canon :) . I got a 30d myself and a Rebel as a backup. The camera doesnt matter so much. If you mess around with differnt lens and filters its amazing what you can do.

Noticed you did alot of close ups. Try using the Macro mode and it will blur everything in the background out. Looks pretty cool. There is all kinda cool features of the cam. Just takes time to learn when to use them.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
very nice pix moto..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the comments guys. Turbo EJ, yeah, I'm just finally switching to an SLR, and there it definitely a ton of shit to retain. I'm sure with more trigger time I'll get the hang of it. Only had it a week. As far as camera brand, Canon is the only way to go IMO. I've owned 3 now, and loved every one of them.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Thanks for all the comments guys. Turbo EJ, yeah, I'm just finally switching to an SLR, and there it definitely a ton of shit to retain. I'm sure with more trigger time I'll get the hang of it. Only had it a week. As far as camera brand, Canon is the only way to go IMO. I've owned 3 now, and loved every one of them.
Yup Love my canons. I use a 28-135 IS lens for everyday stuff and it works out pretty good. Iv taken about 60,000 pics and the camera is still like new. I recommend that if you do alot of flash photography to get the 580ex flash. The on camera ones kinda suck. Im sure youll go through the phase and buy a bunch of crap you dont need for your cam :thumbup: just remember to buy quaility stuff.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup Love my canons. I use a 28-135 IS lens for everyday stuff and it works out pretty good. Iv taken about 60,000 pics and the camera is still like new. I recommend that if you do alot of flash photography to get the 580ex flash. The on camera ones kinda suck. Im sure youll go through the phase and buy a bunch of crap you dont need for your cam :thumbup: just remember to buy quaility stuff.
Eh, my focus (no pun intended) is going to be mostly on different lenses, but I would like to get some other little things like a remote trigger, filters, and a decent flash, but, all that will come with time, and money of course.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
good work I have a canon eos 10.1 rebel xti dslr, I hope to get to practice sometime.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Thats what I just got, a XTi, and I love it... for hobby photography, its amazing!

I also have my Canon Point and shoot and love that too! I carry that around with me almost everywhere, because you never know when a good photo op will come... it may not be a DSLR but it gets the job done (As the pic in my sig was taken with the PaS)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
great images. yea i took two years of photo in high school and i was using a canon MECHANICAL slr. i must say that it was a different kind of fun. nothing beats rolling, developing, and printing. i can still smell the chemicals........ahhhh

·
Registered
24 Posts
You have a really good eye dude. I think a few classes and you'll be a kickass photographer. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts