Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the site. Getting an 06 xtreme regular cab and want to put my old system in it. So my question was will it be possible to put 2 8 inch W7s that i have in behind the seats im about 5'10 so i can sacrifice some leg room and has anyone done it before? I have a 1000.1 JL amp powering them, along with comp polk speakers and 6x9s i will put in the back above the subs, those will be paired up to an alpine 4 channel i have. And for the Head unit im going Alpine D310 flip out. So has anyone put 8inch W7s ina regular cab and how much room is behind those seats dont have the truck yet! Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
8"?

You should have plenty of room depending on the box size you go with. I have a regular cab and am also 5'10". I have a single 12" in the center of my seats and have plenty of leg room. My box dimensions are 13" deep x 13" high and the front slopes at a 45 degree angle, if your dimensions are close, you'll be ok. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im not sure what the point in putting the 6X9's above the subs will do....you looking for more sound or bass out of the speakers. The point in subs is for the low frequencies...if your doing a good bass setup get some components all around and amp those for your highs. but those subs do need alot of air space to be ran correctly, get the measurements from the manual or JL's website to ensure proper dimensions and air space. There is plenty of room behind that seat though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have pol 6x9s now and i have component polk 6.5s for the front the 6x9s will be for more speakers for the mids and highs just because i have them now and want to put them to use

1 - 5 of 5 Posts