Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i was driving to a buddies house and while getting off the freeway i noticed a terrible knock in the engine so now its at the stealership cause its under warranty. This sucks man.. Also i already talked to them and they said they think its a piston. bummer huh.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
That sucks, hopefully you get a whole new engine out of the deal.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Wow dude. Do you change your oil every 3K miles or do you just wait for the oil life thing to pop up?????????

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yea what yea and how many miles do you have? Do you drive a lot and aggressively? Like stomping on it all the time? If your an average driver I cant think of a reason for the piston to go except for factory defect.

:shrug:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i punch it every once and a while but its really no use in these things they dont go anywhere still.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
i punch it every once and a while but its really no use in these things they dont go anywhere still.
Im always flooring mine and no problems here lol. Hopefully they give you a new motor....cause some of the repair work the dealership does is shafty.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Im always flooring mine and no problems here lol. Hopefully they give you a new motor....cause some of the repair work the dealership does is shafty.
Bullshit, you drive that thing like a 90 year old lady and you know it. Your sig is computer generated. :lmao:

I drive mine like I stole it and only change the oil every 6-7k, it's seen hard racing and a ton of trips down the 1/4. It's returned 50k trouble free miles and still pulls 22+ mpg on average no matter how I drive it. I get a kick out of the causes people think of for the reason an engines failed. I'd bet money that his trucks engine blew from a factory defect, nothing more nothing less. No manufacturer produces any product with 0% failure rate.

Let us know if they tell you what failed, if it's a knock then it's hard to say exactly what it is.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Im always flooring mine and no problems here lol.
haha same here!

gotta stop driving like dale bro.....it aint a monte carlo
:lol:

I'd bet money that his trucks engine blew from a factory defect, nothing more nothing less. No manufacturer produces any product with 0% failure rate.
Yea thats what I think too. Still you never know. I use to run my civic hard as hell and change its oil every 3K miles and I'd still use up a lot of oil in between. At the same time I never checked the level and that caused me to blow a rod bearing one night:kiki:.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Yea thats what I think too. Still you never know. I use to run my civic hard as hell and change its oil every 3K miles and I'd still use up a lot of oil in between. At the same time I never checked the level and that caused me to blow a rod bearing one night:kiki:.
Only time I blew mine up was cause I was running about 15PSI for about 3 minutes straight and had my speedo pegged. My EGT shot up to about 1500 and welded my exhaust valve seals to my head and fried a few oil rings lol.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Only time I blew mine up was cause I was running about 15PSI for about 3 minutes straight and had my speedo pegged. My EGT shot up to about 1500 and welded my exhaust valve seals to my head and fried a few oil rings lol.
hahahaha damn son thas savage!

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the first diagnosis is that a piston came apart in the cylinder. Which probably means it tore up the cylinder wall. im guessin im gettin a new engine. they said they have never seen this before so they are thinking factory defect as well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts